MLB 2019 Changes

MLB Announces 2019 London Series Between Yankees, Red Sox

May 8, 2018 - 20:42 PM

Boston-New-York-2019-London-Series.png

Major League Baseball is coming to Europe next season, the league today announcing that the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox would be playing a series of regular season games in the United Kingdom in June 2019. Boston would […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Major League Baseball is coming to Europe next season, the league today announcing that the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox would be playing a series of regular season games in the United Kingdom in June 2019. Boston would […]

Read More...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dJxEc4RD0g

so long and thanks for all the fish.

7 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Read More...

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I'm glad we got 2 straight Family Guy cricket videos. 

Every time Family Guy does anything involving Britain, it is absolutely golden. I love that show; and I think I love it most of all when they touch on British topics.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The only cool thing about this to me is the quirky notion of the Red Sox and Yankees playing in a stadium not designed/used for baseball. Which is pretty much a microcosm of this whole experiment: Forced.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Interesting that it's two teams that are top 10 in attendance. You'd have thought MLB could find someone who wouldn't mind losing a home game or two.

This is so cool. I love this idea (even though I have retired as a follower of current baseball), just as I would love to see Premier League matches taking place in the U.S.  It feels right, according to my cosmopolitan sensibilities.

Also, the NFL and NBA have played games in London; Major League Baseball should not be left behind.

13 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Interesting that it's two teams that are top 10 in attendance. You'd have thought MLB could find someone who wouldn't mind losing a home game or two.

To me it seems logical that they'd select the sport's biggest rivalry, one between big teams that everyone has heard of. This would be like having Chelsea - Man United in New York or Los Angeles, which is fsr preferable to a match-up between smaller clubs.

I only hope that they don't use this trip as an excuse to wear advertisements on the uniforms.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Both team's schedules are going to be ****ed. They should have backed this up by a couple of days and let the conclusion of the series roll into an early all-star break for both squads. Now they're going to have to take a day or two for travel, play the London games, take a day or two travel back, play another series, and then go on break again. Stupid. I hope John Henry got paid beaucoup money for sacrificing two home dates for this monkey business.

• 4 months later...

Report: Marlins In Teal Again in 2019

September 20, 2018 - 15:29 PM

Florida-Marlins-Teal-.jpg

Hey, when it’s abundantly obvious what the people want, you should just give ’em what they want! (*nudges the San Diego Padres hard with an elbow*) According to a report on SBNation’s “Fish Stripes”, the Miami Marlins will break out […]

Read More...

Totally thought they were going back to teal permanently. So disappointed...

Report: Marlins In Teal Again in 2019

?

Hey, when it’s abundantly obvious what the people want, you should just give ’em what they want! (*nudges the San Diego Padres hard with an elbow*)

?

According to a report on SBNation’s “Fish Stripes”, the Miami Marlins will break out their teal throwback uniforms once again during the 2019 season for a four-game set against the Arizona Diamondbacks from July 26-29.

?

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Either pass the stool or get off the can, Marlins. If the fans want the classic set, do a Diamondbacks/Brewers-style full-time throwback at the very least.

I’m a fan of the Art Deco set’s potential (especially with that blue shade), but Loria’s directives meant that it has sadly never gotten a chance to fulfil it. Now it’s just going to be tossed in the dumpster in favor of renovating an early-1990s design that didn’t age all that well. 

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Either pass the stool or get off the can, Marlins. If the fans want the classic set, do a Diamondbacks/Brewers-style full-time throwback at the very least.

I’m a fan of the Art Deco set’s potential (especially with that blue shade), but Loria’s directives meant that it has sadly never gotten a chance to fulfil it. Now it’s just going to be tossed in the dumpster in favor of renovating an early-1990s design that didn’t age all that well. 

The tyranny of nostalgia strikes again. 

8 hours ago, Placebo said:

Or if you you your fan base wants them, how about just wearing them all the time? 

Fan base, you mean all 5 of them?

No reason to change uniforms and mass produce them, not many will buy anything to support Jeter and his AAA team 

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I kinda agree with you...but a three-to-four game homestand is not really muddling anything up. This is potentially less than a Friday throwback or Thursday day-game throwback promotion.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived