MLB 2019 Changes

On 10/11/2018 at 2:50 AM, Ray Lankford said:

Except this isn't really true. People didn't really start talking about brown until 2009 or so, when they stripped the team down to be sold. And even then, yellow didn't really reach a consensus till they introduced the fauxbacks. The most popular secondary color has always come from the throwback they wore most recently.

Well I grew up in San Diego and lived there until 1990 and my extended family continues to live there. Maybe I'm in a weird circle but it seemed, and still seems, many have been calling for a return to brown ever since they switched to blue back in the 80s. Blue was always seen as a foreign color for the team. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Can someone please help me figure out what we are and aren't allowed to post about when it comes to The Topic That Shall Not Be Named But Literally Has Its Own Thread And Is Also Being Talked About Here

It's not necessarily the words that cause problems, its the opinions that come along when terms get brought up.  

Act natural, and thats fine....cause problems, expect consequences.

2 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Diamondbacks are installing synthetic turf at Chase Field for 2019.

Citing concerns for costs in maintaining a real grass field, difficulties in keeping it green and alive, consistent playing surface, costs in opening and closing the roof, air conditioning costs, complaints from fans of the stadium being too warm.

Don't play baseball where you can't grow grass

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

BrownWhite.jpg

Petcopark.ttf doesn't work in brown, sorry. It's meant to be a "surfer" font, which is why it only really looks vaguely decent in navy/sand:

6iamdh9e49xpg1efq05lf3yyg.png

If you want a good brown Padres font, something a bit classier/more rustic would work. Examples include:

attachment.php?attachmentid=300130&stc=1&d=1378238190 584725.png

rs=h:650,cg:true hensler2.gif

It shouldn't be a kitschy 1970s font or a bland mid-00s typeset.

55 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Petcopark.ttf doesn't work in brown, sorry. It's meant to be a "surfer" font, which is why it only really looks vaguely decent in navy/sand:

6iamdh9e49xpg1efq05lf3yyg.png

If you want a good brown Padres font, something a bit classier/more rustic would work. Examples include:

attachment.php?attachmentid=300130&stc=1&d=1378238190 584725.png

rs=h:650,cg:true hensler2.gif

It shouldn't be a kitschy 1970s font or a bland mid-00s typeset.

Surfer font? Doesn't seem surfer to me in the least. 

On 10/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, Gothamite said:

That’s the problem - gold looks amazing rendered in metallic thread and seen in the sun.  It looks drab in virtually every other circumstance.  Most of the time it’s closer to beige. 

Teams that play all or part of their season indoors should take this in consideration when making uniform choices.  Teams like the Brewers or the NFL’s Saints should rethink wearing dark colors indoors.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 10/12/2018 at 12:26 PM, Bucs007 said:

As shocking as this may seem, next year marks 25 years since MLB celebrated 125 years with jersey patches and those nifty hat pins. Anyone think they'll do the same for 150 next year or worry that the anniversary patches are cursed (thanks to the '94 strike)? 

There have been several statements from Reds' beat writers that there will be some recognition (at least by the team) of the 150th anniversary of the Red Stockings, and some speculation that it may be in the form of an alt and/or usage of the Old English style "C" currently used on the Reds' BP hats (meh - Ed.).  It would be nice to see to the league do some tribute as well, minus the labor relations nightmare that was 1994.

Archived