Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

MLB 2019 Changes

Does anybody know if they are going to do the players weekend uniforms again this season?

Not sure.  But I do have to say the players weekend promotion has grown on me.  Granted, that might just be because it's not nearly as nauseating as the pinkwashing and 'MURICA cash grab promotions they've been running in recent years.

23 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Fanatics is starting to grind my gears alot.  It takes two flipping weeks for a simple package to arrive.  Alot of the hats I used to order directly from my local hatclub but have to resort to fanatics because they have taken alot of what hatclub used to produce for hats.  I couldn't even get the Dbacks mexico series patch from hatclub because they didn't carry it and usually they used to carry this kind of event hat if the local team was involved.  Once in a while fanatics does ship me stuff from their Nevada warehouse which cut down the time alot but most of it comes directly from their jacksonville facility.  

*A lot

I can let some grammatical errors slide because everyone makes a typo, but when the same mistake is repeated over-and-over, my grammar-nazi side comes out😂

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

*A lot

I can let some grammatical errors slide because everyone makes a typo, but when the same mistake is repeated over-and-over, my grammar-nazi side comes out😂

It must be great to have a lot of time on your hands.....

On 6/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Does anybody know if they are going to do the players weekend uniforms again this season?

Yes they are.

1 hour ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

It must be great to have a lot of time on your hands.....

LOL take the L and move on from your four posts in a row... 

On 6/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, WSU151 said:

LOL take the L and move on from your four posts in a row... 

You can put that L where the sun don't shine....

32 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

You can put that L where the sun don't shine....

In my basement?? That doesn't make sense. 

Twins possibly might wear 1987-2014 Pinstripes tomorrow for Joe Mauer’s Number Retirement? 

Notice hw they are wearing the old Jerseys with the Current Majestic Logo...

Wow. Side by side, how is the navy work mark set even around? Pinstripes and Red is a remarkable contrast. 

spacer.png

from the best set to worst. And they also dropped the M. They can continue to lose with their terrible choices. This year they’re actually doing something but wow. That photo says it all. Such vibrancy from their historical wordmark. 

The current Twins set isn’t great but going back to the 90s look isn’t good, either.

4 hours ago, Digby said:

The current Twins set isn’t great but going back to the 90s look isn’t good, either.

I'm not too sure about that. For well over a decade now, the Twins have been tinkering with their look to stand out amongst all the other navy and red teams. But all they've managed to do is muddy the waters to where they're dangeously close to another Padres/Brewers situation.

Navy pinstripes with red is the closest thing to an "ownable" look as they've ever had. It also has the added bonus of being associated with the franchise's mist successful era. Even the road pinstripes from that set don't bother me as much as they do some people.

I know it’s the era of the throwbacks they’re wearing, but boy do uniforms without a word mark or even a number on the front look weird.

Tie-Dyed Blue Caps, Ribbons Across MLB For Father’s Day 2019

June 16, 2019 - 14:52 PM

Major League Baseball will honour dad’s across the continent today with players wearing a special cap, jersey patch, socks, and other equipment during games this Father’s Day afternoon. The caps will all feature a tie-dye style powder blue design with […]

Read More...

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again; I’d love to see a MLB team with a white home cap. I think the Reds are the team to do it. Make it a Sunday cap. White crown, red bill, and a red wishbone C. I prefer the pinstripe version, but that would need a pinstripe uniform. 

On 6/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, MattMill said:

Wow. Side by side, how is the navy work mark set even around? Pinstripes and Red is a remarkable contrast. 

spacer.png

from the best set to worst. And they also dropped the M. They can continue to lose with their terrible choices. This year they’re actually doing something but wow. That photo says it all. Such vibrancy from their historical wordmark. 

This photo convinced me. The Twins could still stay primarily navy, and maybe keep the gold dropshadow. They don’t even need the pinstripes. The wordmark seems like it needs to be red though. The primarily navy script simply doesn’t work, while the red wordmark just pops.

19 hours ago, Digby said:

You're right, it's great.