MLB 2019 Changes

Funny timing. Racing stripe version would have been much better, though all the racing-stripe-era unis were designed to be worn much tighter than today’s players are comfortable with. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Extremely unpopular opinion around here but sports identities should belong to cities, not franchises. Washingtonians don't give a damn about the Expos, Minnesotans don't care about the Senators (speaking from personal experience on both counts), etc etc.

Most fans from Minnesota don’t even know that the Twins moved from Washington. Most people think they were an expansion team...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Most fans from Minnesota don’t even know that the Twins moved from Washington. Most people think they were an expansion team...

I prefer to document history as it happened over changing the narrative to fit what makes people the most comfortable. 

1997 | 2003

3 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

I prefer to document history as it happened over changing the narrative to fit what makes people the most comfortable. 

You just honestly changed my mind, thanks. 

Excellent!

On 6/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

I've seen people like once or twice wear the 4th of July stars and stripes hats, but that's about it. I've never seen any of the other holiday styles worn though.

Edit: I've actually seen someone wear the Twins players weekend hat from a couple years ago once too. It was the one with the state outline.

I own three 4th hats. Only special hats I own.  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

17 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

1. It's SPORTS.  It's not like anyone's trying to say that North Macedonia was never part of Tito's Yugoslavia just because they changed their name a couple of times.

2.  History is always written by the winners, so it does tend to fit a certain narrative.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Nats will officially play Expos dress up on July 6th. They’ll be wearing the 1969 road uniforms. Vlad will be in attendance, and poutine will be available.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/26/washington-nationals-wear-expos-throwbacks-july/

So it looks like the Royals will be wearing ‘69 throwbacks as well? That’s three out of four ‘69 expansion teams being represented by throwbacks this year (KC, MTL, SEA). C’mon and round it out, San Diego!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1. It's SPORTS.  It's not like anyone's trying to say that North Macedonia was never part of Tito's Yugoslavia just because they changed their name a couple of times.

2.  History is always written by the winners, so it does tend to fit a certain narrative.

I prefer all my history, even the inconsequential parts like SPORTS, to reflect what actually happened.

1997 | 2003

On 6/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

First time I even heard the word “bunting” was when they were putting it up in the Vet for the ‘93 playoffs. 

Do they even do that anymore? Most of today’s parks don’t gave a natural place for it. 

I know bunting still gets put up at Wrigley for opening day, holidays and the postseason.  Pretty sure the Cardinals and Brewers do too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

So it looks like the Royals will be wearing ‘69 throwbacks as well? That’s three out of four ‘69 expansion teams being represented by throwbacks this year (KC, MTL, SEA). C’mon and round it out, San Diego!

Honestly I’m surprised San Diego didn’t pull out a throwback this season. Interesting...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

13 hours ago, marlinfan said:

I mean I do agree, but I was just saying that that’s the way things are around the Twin Cities...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Except for the Calvin “I moved the team because I didn’t want black people at my stadium” Griffith statue. That’s not fine, unless you put that quote on the statue.

Good point. 

If you’re going to remember that the Twins moved from Washington, you have to remember why they moved from Washington.  Even when it’s uncomfortable. 

10 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I know bunting still gets put up at Wrigley for opening day, holidays and the postseason.  Pretty sure the Cardinals and Brewers do too.

Yes, the Cardinals do hang bunting. Here’s a shot from the last time they were in the playoffs, 2015. spacer.png

I get that they are doing it during a game against the Royals to honor the 50th anniversary of both teams. Too bad they couldn't do it against the Brewers.

Then we could see the colorful matchup of Expos vs Pilots.

223dptvgsgxaazhwbkhflbz7f.png   1297.png

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived