Jump to content

MLB 2019 Changes


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Extremely unpopular opinion around here but sports identities should belong to cities, not franchises. Washingtonians don't give a damn about the Expos, Minnesotans don't care about the Senators (speaking from personal experience on both counts), etc etc.

Most fans from Minnesota don’t even know that the Twins moved from Washington. Most people think they were an expansion team...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Most fans from Minnesota don’t even know that the Twins moved from Washington. Most people think they were an expansion team...

 

I prefer to document history as it happened over changing the narrative to fit what makes people the most comfortable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

 

I prefer to document history as it happened over changing the narrative to fit what makes people the most comfortable. 

You just honestly changed my mind, thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

I've seen people like once or twice wear the 4th of July stars and stripes hats, but that's about it. I've never seen any of the other holiday styles worn though.

 

Edit: I've actually seen someone wear the Twins players weekend hat from a couple years ago once too. It was the one with the state outline.

I own three 4th hats. Only special hats I own.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

 

I prefer to document history as it happened over changing the narrative to fit what makes people the most comfortable. 

 

1. It's SPORTS.  It's not like anyone's trying to say that North Macedonia was never part of Tito's Yugoslavia just because they changed their name a couple of times.

 

2.  History is always written by the winners, so it does tend to fit a certain narrative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

 

Nats will officially play Expos dress up on July 6th. They’ll be wearing the 1969 road uniforms. Vlad will be in attendance, and poutine will be available.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/26/washington-nationals-wear-expos-throwbacks-july/

 

So it looks like the Royals will be wearing ‘69 throwbacks as well? That’s three out of four ‘69 expansion teams being represented by throwbacks this year (KC, MTL, SEA). C’mon and round it out, San Diego!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

1. It's SPORTS.  It's not like anyone's trying to say that North Macedonia was never part of Tito's Yugoslavia just because they changed their name a couple of times.

 

2.  History is always written by the winners, so it does tend to fit a certain narrative.

 

I prefer all my history, even the inconsequential parts like SPORTS, to reflect what actually happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

First time I even heard the word “bunting” was when they were putting it up in the Vet for the ‘93 playoffs. 

 

Do they even do that anymore? Most of today’s parks don’t gave a natural place for it. 

I know bunting still gets put up at Wrigley for opening day, holidays and the postseason.  Pretty sure the Cardinals and Brewers do too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

So it looks like the Royals will be wearing ‘69 throwbacks as well? That’s three out of four ‘69 expansion teams being represented by throwbacks this year (KC, MTL, SEA). C’mon and round it out, San Diego!

Honestly I’m surprised San Diego didn’t pull out a throwback this season. Interesting...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, marlinfan said:

 

I prefer to document history as it happened over changing the narrative to fit what makes people the most comfortable. 

I mean I do agree, but I was just saying that that’s the way things are around the Twin Cities...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Except for the Calvin “I moved the team because I didn’t want black people at my stadium” Griffith statue. That’s not fine, unless you put that quote on the statue.

 

Good point. 

 

If you’re going to remember that the Twins moved from Washington, you have to remember why they moved from Washington.  Even when it’s uncomfortable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I know bunting still gets put up at Wrigley for opening day, holidays and the postseason.  Pretty sure the Cardinals and Brewers do too.

 

Yes, the Cardinals do hang bunting. Here’s a shot from the last time they were in the playoffs, 2015. spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get that they are doing it during a game against the Royals to honor the 50th anniversary of both teams. Too bad they couldn't do it against the Brewers.

Then we could see the colorful matchup of Expos vs Pilots.

 

223dptvgsgxaazhwbkhflbz7f.png   1297.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.