Ads on jerseys will be a permanent thing eventually. Sadly, it's inevitable.

Stance makes Maryland flag socks, too. Surprised they didn't wear those to complete this awful minor league look.

M759B17ORI_MUL.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=fi

I know the team wore them last season. I was surprised they didn't go with them this year also

7 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

It doesn't look bad on TV imo, and I kinda like the look. However I obviously don't know how it looks to those in the stadium.

The English crowd went wild.

But people who know better do not approve.

Though, on second thought, one thing that looks very nice is that both teams have no names on the back.

Edited by Ferdinand Cesarano
On second thought...

Gross! They brought those back?

I personally like the Maryland flag, but not in a sublimated pattern on a sports uniform.

I don't understand the logic of the Yanks and Red Sox wearing their home jerseys. There have been games in other nations and the home/road rules still applied.

12 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Ads on jerseys will be a permanent thing eventually. Sadly, it's inevitable.

Of course. The World Series is already being brought to us by YouTube TV. Soon, we'll be rooting for the New York Times Yankees, the Red Lobster Sox and the Jose Cuervo Tequila Sunrise Astros. It will be either Nippon baseball or Infinite Jest in real life.

23 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I don't understand the logic of the Yanks and Red Sox wearing their home jerseys. There have been games in other nations and the home/road rules still applied.

Yea but it’s the Yankees, MLBs favorite team. When they played the Rays in Japan they got to wear their home uniform and the Rays wore their road uni even though they were the designated home team. Definitely a bias.

2 hours ago, Elmos World 17 said:

Yea but it’s the Yankees, MLBs favorite team. When they played the Rays in Japan they got to wear their home uniform and the Rays wore their road uni even though they were the designated home team. Definitely a bias.

Not MLBs favorite team - the worlds favorite team. I’d bet that the hosts have more to do with the decision than mlb. To non-Americans, they’re not the famous Yankees is not wearing the pinstripes. 

Meh it’s only in England, and they’re used to ads on jerseys anyways.

20 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

There was a rumor (reported by only one source) in the offseason that the Marlins would have a throwback series July 26-29 against Arizona,

Rumor was true.

If this is the limit of ads (a little shoulder patch and a sticker on batting helmets), then I can handle it. As long as they don't become like soccer, where the ad is bigger than the team identification.