MLB 2019 Changes

On 6/29/2019 at 10:38 AM, Hat Boy said:

My only fond memory of that M's look is that it is featured in The Naked Gun.

Agreed.  Everything about that look is so generic and boring . . . like something worn by a fictional team in a low budget movie.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The word that comes to mind when I see that M's look is "unnecessary." And maybe it's an unpopular opinion, given the staying power of the team's current look, but I really miss the trident. Loved that logo.

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that Astros look. The rainbow guts, perfectly muted. So well done.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:57 AM, zigbazah said:

The only thing the Yankees need to do is ditch the white outline (and possibly add gray heather texture) on their road uniform. I actually prefer the road uniform to be stripped down  It looks strong and dignified to me. There's no need for pinstripes in this look. 

2uq15zd.jpg

ih8yeq.jpg

...and lose the sleeve stripes...

On 7/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Stickler in me says the black undershirts need to be baggier. Didn’t they also feature a marlin logo? Cmon marlins, get it all right or it doesn’t come as complete to me. 

Dare I say, the shoulders look too wide as well. It’s a baggy look with right undershirts. I think there could be a better balance. 

24 minutes ago, MattMill said:

Stickler in me says the black undershirts need to be baggier. Didn’t they also feature a marlin logo? Cmon marlins, get it all right or it doesn’t come as complete to me. 

Dare I say, the shoulders look too wide as well. It’s a baggy look with right undershirts. I think there could be a better balance. 

The guy on the right looks like the marlins logo is on his sleeve.

It's almost guaranteed they will be wearing the correct sleeve patches. It's just hard to tell from that photo.

Point taken that the undershirts could be a little baggier. Otherwise I don't notice anything off about them from this angle at least.

5b4abe5390e2cb5ad95c357aa333a121

On 7/1/2019 at 1:57 AM, zigbazah said:

The only thing the Yankees need to do is ditch the white outline (and possibly add gray heather texture) on their road uniform. I actually prefer the road uniform to be stripped down  It looks strong and dignified to me. There's no need for pinstripes in this look. 

2uq15zd.jpg

ih8yeq.jpg

1 hour ago, Jungle Jim said:

...and lose the sleeve stripes...

Amen.  So close to perfect, they never should have messed with it. 

I’m wrong. The sleeve logo is there. It shows up in that short marlins ig video. 

And maybe its just yr by yr variation in size preferences or player types but the jerseys on the guys in @Marlins93 latest post has shoulder widths on their jerseys considerably wider than other photos I’ve seen. So yeah, I’m wrong. These look pretty darn accurate (if not for funny looking on certain body types).  I can see why they ditched em

4 minutes ago, MattMill said:

I’m wrong. The sleeve logo is there. It shows up in that short marlins ig video. 

And maybe its just yr by yr variation in size preferences or player types but the jerseys on the guys in @Marlins93 latest post has shoulder widths on their jerseys considerably wider than other photos I’ve seen. So yeah, I’m wrong. These look pretty darn accurate (if not for funny looking on certain body types).  I can see why they ditched em

They ditched them because Loria had bad taste. Some might say they looked dated, but I disagree. It's a pretty distinctive look in an era where virtually every team is wearing some shade of blue now. Especially solid color alternates in blue. It will be refreshing to see something like this worn on the field. The Marlins and D-Backs pulled off the sleeveless look really well.

My favorite jersey for the Marlins is the original (sleeved) home white from 1993-2002, but the black sleeveless is a close second. I love the balance between the black sleeves and the teal wordmark and pinstripes.

Archived