MLB 2019 Changes

I agree on the Cardinals StL insignia. The current one looks so cluttered.

That 1950's Browns one @SFGiants58 posted is much better and easier to look at. Using three different letters is a bit of a challenge when you're attempting to make an interlocking logo out of them, but the Browns made it near perfect at one point.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

5394422268_eec18328ae_b.jpg

69foeb8.png

The only thing wrong with these is that the T (which is not an initial) should be behind the S, not in front of it.

But I agree with your points about the serif on the S and about the space between the T and the horizontal strokes of the S.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Of the two Browns teams in American pro sports? The St. Louis Browns had, by far, more potential identity-wise. Shame they moved before they could bring it all together.

In a better world? The St. Louis Browns would still exist as a scrappy underdog franchise, providing a much-needed contrast to the "high off their own farts" operation that is the Cardinals.

The Orioles should wear/sell more Browns throwback merch is what I'm saying.

If there is going to be a Baltimore team that is going to wear Browns throwbacks ... it's the Orioles.

I saw, I came, I left.

1 hour ago, Quillz said:

Powder blue has a very 80s vibe to it. 80s nostalgia is very marketable right now.

They were definitely worn during the 80s, but I associate the trend much more with a 70s vibe because that's when it seemed to have originated. Although the Expos apparently wore them during their inaugural 1969 season. So whenever I see the powder blues, my mental association is always the 70s.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Of the two Browns teams in American pro sports? The St. Louis Browns had, by far, more potential identity-wise. Shame they moved before they could bring it all together.

In a better world? The St. Louis Browns would still exist as a scrappy underdog franchise, providing a much-needed contrast to the "high off their own farts" operation that is the Cardinals.

The Orioles should wear/sell more Browns throwback merch is what I'm saying.

It has been 8 years since I’ve lived in the greater St. Louis area, but it wasn’t and I’m sure still isn’t uncommon to see Browns mercy. The Cardinals sell Browns caps and the occasional item in the team store. Another reason I think the Cardinals should be the team to throwback to the Browns. St. Louis, the city, would appreciate it more. 

Photos: Expos Return! Oh, and Royals Throwback Too

July 7, 2019 - 12:53 PM

The Montreal Expos briefly flashed back into existence yesterday afternoon courtesy the Washington Nationals who wore throwbacks paying tribute to the roots of their franchise. Washington was decked out in powder blues with the old pinwheel cap, the same uniform […]

Read More...

I think that'd be pretty uncomfortable when sliding.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, zigbazah said:

Why don't the All-Star teams wear their All-Star uniforms during, you know, the All-Star Game? 

"Tradition" is most likely the answer and mlb likes to feel like its all star game is more legit than the others (which I will admit its the biggest).

7 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

"Tradition" is most likely the answer and mlb likes to feel like its all star game is more legit than the others (which I will admit its the biggest).

I just wished they got rid of the stupid "special" caps for the game. Just use the regular cap with the all star logo on the side like they used to do. 

Back before I ever had cable, the ASG was the only time I'd get to see half of the uniforms.  It would have sucked to have to look at the silly hats rather than the real ones.

I really don't get how anyone besides little kids cares about the ASG.  Most of the players don't care, none of the teams want their pitchers pitching in it, and it's just a 4-day period without anything to watch.  The rosters are barely legitimate with the silly voting process.

I'm totally fine with giving the players a mid-season break, just not the ASG.  They could do it like "bye" weeks, where between mid June and mid July, each team would get a 4-5 day break.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

I just wished they got rid of the stupid "special" caps for the game. Just use the regular cap with the all star logo on the side like they used to do. 

They should wear the regular cap with no patch, like they used to do.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

15 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

They should wear the regular cap with no patch, like they used to do.

I disagree with this. I think the ASG should be: home team players wear their standard home jersey, road team players wear their standard road jersey. But a small patch on the hat to denote it's the ASG is fine with me. Otherwise, no alts, no special jerseys, just the players in their regular garb.

Archived