MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we don’t even get to see the WHITE Sox in all-white. The only positive takeaway I had from this is that they would finally have to wear white socks, and MLB doesn’t even give that to me.

But yeah, when the commentators are talking about how terrible the uniforms are, you messed up pretty badly.

ExJworW.png

So the white out cap has a tonal flag, making it look like no flag at all. Anytime that happens I'm happy. Yet the black out cap has a white flag. I guess there is no rhyme or reason here. 

The LOVE YOU TY name plate is nice but it makes the other guys look like complete you know what's. I don't think it's fair to be doing that to players. 

The Diamondbacks A looks to be shiny silver. It sort of works and sort of legible

I'm seeing most guys not going crazy with anything. In fact it's just odd seeing all black uniforms with basic white cleats. Everything is so muted yet these accessory mismatches make it that much more ugly. It's not giving players creativity at all. It's a joke. The clean palate freedom was a failure from the onset. 

The black uniforms are much better than the white uniforms if for no other reason than because the black uniforms use white outlines while the white uniforms use gray outlines, just another inconsistency in a concept full of them. You can see the outlines of names and numbers, at least from a close enough distance, on the black uniforms; the white ones descend into illegible blob immediately.

I'm pretty liberal in my views towards baseball uniforms, and I'm not opposed to having non-white/gray pants more often. I think that part can be workshopped a bit. The white uniforms need to be burned.

spacer.png

Feel like enough common sense could've been scraped together so that the teams who wear navy blue who are playing in the colored uniforms this weekend could, you know, have worn navy blue instead. Seeing the Braves/Tigers/Angels (and some others that I just haven't seen yet) wearing black uniforms fails to make any sense. 

spacer.png

That’s cool that Contino did the Sox wordmark.  Would love if they went this direction in a rebrand.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I know it doesn't work this way but with the outpouring of negative reactions to these uniforms can you imagine if MLB/Manfred got so upset that they abruptly cancel having to do this again Saturday and Sunday? 

Who's pushing for these uniforms?  With the NBA, it's pretty clear that Nike is the one that wants every team to have a bunch of different jerseys (though probably with very little resistance from the league). But is the player's weekend and all the other gimmick jersey being pushed by the league or by the manufacturer?

If it's the latter, would MLB be obligated to go through with them even though everyone hates them?

1 minute ago, M4One said:

Who's pushing for these uniforms?  With the NBA, it's pretty clear that Nike is the one that wants every team to have a bunch of different jerseys (though probably with very little resistance from the league). But is the player's weekend and all the other gimmick jersey being pushed by the league or by the manufacturer?

If it's the latter, would MLB be obligated to go through with them even though everyone hates them?

I mean, this is the same league that has had Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Mother's Day, and Father's Day special event uniforms for the past few years (I might be forgetting one). If I had to speculate, I'd say New Era would be the outside force pushing for these things the most, as this year MLB pulled back from having Mother's and Father's Day jerseys but kept the special caps.

What's most baffling about this promotion is that black-on-black and white-on-white New Era caps have been readily available for every team for over a decade. 

Archived