MLB 2019 Changes

41 minutes ago, insert name said:

Imagine having a Yankees-Dodgers matchup being the most highly anticipated matchup all season long and making them wear these ugly monstrosities instead their classic uniforms all weekend long.

While not my preferred match-up, the universe will probably correct itself and give us a Yankees-Dodgers World Series.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

These make Miami’s new black alts look like the best uniform in the league. Good job MLB, conglaturations

I'm probably going to make some eyes roll with this remark, but one has to wonder if the same people in the MLB marketing department responsible for the Marlins black alts had a major say in the player's weekend design, right? They are pretty conceptually similar in several respects.

Here are all the notes from the first day of the weekend:

-The Mariners are the only team not to wear the 45 patch. 

-Cubs all wore regular home cap. Most of them also wore blue undershirts and belts but did use the Players weekend socks.

-Cardinals pitchers wore red caps instead of black.

-Twins all wore the home cap and most of the team wore blue undershirts and belts. 

-Pirates were the only team to wear the 45 patch on the chest.

-Orioles wore the 20 patch on the right sleeve and kept the 45 patch on the left.

-Dodgers wore their memorial NEWK patch on the right sleeve and the 45 on the left.

-No front numbers for any team that usually has them. The Blue Jays did not have the logo under the lettering as usual. 

Have I missed anything? 

7 hours ago, insert name said:

Imagine having a Yankees-Dodgers matchup being the most highly anticipated matchup all season long and making them wear these ugly monstrosities instead their classic uniforms all weekend long.

This sort of thing needs to be mentioned more.  Imagine if some guy strikes out 22 batters tomorrow.  For the rest of eternity the highlight of the moment will be in these abominations.  Also for a league that prizes the aesthetic to the point where they had Boston and New York both wearing home uniforms in London one would think they wouldn’t allow this.  

You only get one chance to make a first impression.  Imagine if you were an overseas fan of some MLB team and as fate would have it your first and maybe only chance to see your team was this weekend.  What a letdown. The window dressing of sports matters.  I think we all agree and it’s why we post here.  

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

That’s cool that Contino did the Sox wordmark.  Would love if they went this direction in a rebrand.  

The White Sox don't need a rebrand.  No.  Please no.

Also, this would essentially go back to the unis they had '87-'90. Awful.

Jeez, I go out for dinner last nite and the Dodgers v Yanks game was on the TV at the restaurant. 

At first I had no idea what kinda baseball I was watching .. whose ever idea that was should be exiled away from MLB.

This was just simply awful!!  Now we gotta put up with this for the rest of the weekend. 

Has anyone attempted to watch highlights? With not every home team in white, it feels like I'm stuck in this cycle where everything is the same. Deja Vu. Except for the score bug, these dozen plus games feel like one endless game. 

I've never experienced such a thing as a fan ever, in any sport. It has a generic shirts vs skins pickup game vibe 

Spotted this article

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/its-a-shame-yankees-dodgers-are-forced-to-wear-the-players-weekend-uniforms-075925446.html?__twitter_impression=true

The dodgers were denied twice for a one game let up. They know it's terrible but are truly forced to wear it. They need to go all out now and embarrass MLB. Wear undershirts that are terrible or cleats that make them look bad. Maybe someone can accidentally color in the dodgers wordmark with a sharpie.  Maybe someone accidentally throws a colored shirt or sock into the wash. Sabotage is real..... Or maybe it's not they serious lol 

Watching multiple game highlights is trippy. I think I heard 2-3 mistakes from.commentdtors on names and such. 

10 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Serious question. What happens if a team takes the field in their regular uniforms? Surely MLB won't make them forfeit, right?

Teams got in trouble for wearing their regular caps yesterday and MLB is forcing them to wear the white and black ones today. But what happens if they don't? A fine?

You’d think MLB would’ve asked the teams for approval before going through with a promotion like this.

Archived