MLB 2019 Changes

1 hour ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

That seems weird that Nike would take over during the postseason instead at the beginning of the next year. Is there any other info on that?

Also, the New Era quality decrease with the substantial increase in price over the last few years is incredibly ridiculous. I like to buy hats but only with membership/discounts. Hard to justify buying any more these days, feels like robbery. 

100% reflection of the production move to China. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

That seems weird that Nike would take over during the postseason instead at the beginning of the next year. Is there any other info on that?

MLB has a history of debuting the next year's gear in the prior postseason.  This would seem to line up with that.

5 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

100% reflection of the production move to China. 

I don’t think you are wrong. But I’d also add that the MLB on field Authentics are a cut above the rest of NewEras offering.  I’ve found that all their Mlb fashion hats and everything else they make are extremely inconsistent and a clear cut below the MLB authentic hats. 

8 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I don’t think you are wrong. But I’d also add that the MLB on field Authentics are a cut above the rest of NewEras offering.  I’ve found that all their Mlb fashion hats and everything else they make are extremely inconsistent and a clear cut below the MLB authentic hats. 

I agree. l’ve always felt that the bills on the on-field  authentic caps were different and curved better than all of their other caps. NFL on-field cap’s included. 

23 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I'd say the on-fields are incredibly inconsistent as well, so the fashion hats (which I don't go out of my way to buy) must be god-awful. 

I can't tell you the number of on-fields that had screwed up production problems. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'd say the on-fields are incredibly inconsistent as well, so the fashion hats (which I don't go out of my way to buy) must be god-awful. 

I can't tell you the number of on-fields that had screwed up production problems. 

They are god awful.  It’s a joke.  The Authentics are inconsistent but you can find good ones. The rest are terrible 

15 minutes ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Have the Giants worn their alternate gray jerseys with the SF on the left side this season? If not, when was the last time they wore those jerseys?

Fortunately for all of us, there is a website for that: http://www.sportslogos.net/uniforms/list_by_team/201974/San_Francisco_Giants_2019_Uniform_Tracker_Game-By-Game/

14 minutes ago, hbgoo1975 said:

Have the Giants worn their alternate gray jerseys with the SF on the left side this season? If not, when was the last time they wore those jerseys?

I'm not a baseball fan, but I do believe they did wear them a few games ago against the Dodgers.

spacer.png

On 9/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, soxkrazy said:

Looks like postseason jerseys will still be Majestic. Fanatics site has posted Dodgers Flex Base.

I think we are going to see some of the Nike stuff in time for the World Series but that is just a pure speculation.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:30 AM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Also, the New Era quality decrease with the substantial increase in price over the last few years is incredibly ridiculous. I like to buy hats but only with membership/discounts. Hard to justify buying any more these days, feels like robbery. 

I am actually getting to the point of reverting to snapbacks because of the quality decrease on fitteds for MLB & NFL.  Quality gets worse FOR fitteds and price increases.  At least the snapbacks you can still get at a good price and know what to expect from the Quality.  Also here in Arizona the 5950 fitteds create this heat box between my head and the hat during the summer.  I ended up selling every 5950 online that I owned except for my Dbacks and Blue Jays hats since those are two teams that I root for.  Its unbearable.  

On 9/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, Gothamite said:

MLB has a history of debuting the next year's gear in the prior postseason.  This would seem to line up with that.

I'd be curious how the dugout jackets will be handled.  Will they be Nike branded next season, or cease to exist?

Archived