MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

What's really strange is why they have different numbers on their navy alt, and why they don't use them on all the jerseys.

At the time, seemed pretty clear that they were testing out a custom number font before rolling it out to the rest of the set.  But then... nothing. 

Not even when they mucked up the wordmarks, which would have been the perfect opportunity to also muck up the numbers.  Guess we should be glad they stopped when they did.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:08 PM, jp1409 said:

Same here... New Era dark royal is totally useless since it doesn't match anything and looks totally out of place. It's darker than the undershirts, the socks, the cleats and all other accessories and clothing like jackets and hoodies... I even think it's darker than the actual jersey wordmarks. I know I'm always looking like a fool wearing a Dodgers hat with anything royal blue as I end up like I wanted my outfit to match but totally missed the boat.

I have the same issue with my New Era Tampa Bay Lightning cap. I tried wearing it with my new Lightning shirt, and it looked like two completely different colors. I've got a Zephyr brand Lightning cap as well, and it matches the jersey color way more closely than NE does.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 11/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, Gothamite said:

I can’t figure out why they complicated their wordmarks and made them harder to read.  

pc1d5ws70k9bzaxkez2004o2g.gif1642_seattle_mariners-jersey-2015.png

Now digital art is at best an occasional hobby for me. That said, when I deal with offset paths, I make the larger path its own shape behind the smaller one and tweak things like vertices and serifs because the offset path tool can exaggerate things or otherwise not look quite right. Knowing that, I just cannot "unsee" the curved bottom of that "N". Its like the only reason its that pronounced is because that's what the offset tool caused. Again, and you can tell by my rather poor terminology, I am no professional in illustration software but even I can see that problem.

Has anyone heard any rumors or seen any merch for the London Series? The unveiled logo doesn't exactly make a great patch for the cap or jerseys.

DcrSdK-V0AIT8YR.jpg

Also, will the Sox be in white for both games? Or can we expect an alternate? Yankees are a safe bet in gray, although there is precident for them to wear the pinstripes as the road team internationally.... 

japan.jpg

Anubis.png

4 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Nah, theres enough contrast.  It works in college games, no issue here for 2 games.

Then MLB would have to be willing to suspend the rules for the series.  College games don't have that same issue.  Is there any reason to believe that they will?

I thought I'd love this Nats jersey but I surprisingly don't... The angle of the wordmark, the unbeveled beveled number font looking incredibly out of place next to the script Nationals, the navy wordmark along the red number... This could be an incredible home jersey if they fixed those things.

Archived