MLB 2019 Changes

14 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Brewers have been wearing the fauxback pinstripes for this final series, so I'm optimistic that maybe they'll keep wearing them at home for the playoffs, and go with their second-least-bad look (navy BiG) on the road. This is the Brewers, though, so I'm not truly expecting anything attractive involving them to occur in October.

They wear those beauties every Fri and Sat at home. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do for the playoffs. Half of Miller Park seems to be wearing royal blue and gold these days.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After paying millions and millions of dollars for Yu Darvish and Brandon Morrow to not pitch down the stretch, the Cubs' shirts should probably say "Defend Theo Epstein."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, daveindc said:

They wear those beauties every Fri and Sat at home. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do for the playoffs. Half of Miller Park seams to be wearing royal blue and gold these days.

Been rooting on the Brewers and watching these games on the MLB package.

My opinion:

I believe the current Brewer uniforms are beautiful. However, I love the BiG logo.  Simply solution to me is to put the BiG logo on the sleeve as a patch of the current unis and call it a day.  The old fauxback uni design, overall, looks very dated.  The BREWERS typeset is bad.  The royal blue doesn't look as good as the dark blue.

19 hours ago, NicDB said:

I find the Brewers choice of "Defend MKE" peculiar considering (a.) the Brewers have only ever been identified as "MIL" in the sports world, and (b.) unlike the horrible reach on the Indians shirt, Milwaukee best known nickname (Brew City) can also stand as a reference to the team.

19 hours ago, the admiral said:

Maybe they're just very passionate about airport security, I don't know. 

You see “MKE” around a lot in the past decade. 

mke-ipa-13*750xx5132-2887-0-267.jpg636424779903694116-Milwaukee-Film-Festiv

CicloviaRuta.jpgmilwaukee-wave-comets-wwe-night_fullsize

Black-Arts-Fest-MKE-Vertical-logo-color.Hack-MKE-Music_Eventbrite-01.jpg26859372607_b803d249b4_b.jpg

Okay, you've got to look closely on the streetcar.  But it's there.

pMtEh-1538158469-119820-blog-1200P%20STR

MKE has really become the preferred abbreviation that the city uses to refer to itself. 

4 hours ago, daveindc said:

That's a good sign, because they usually wear the navy alts on Sundays from what I can tell. 

I'd clarify they usually wore the REGULAR navy alts on Sundays. There have been several weekend home series this season where the fauxbacks were worn all weekend. However, the navy BiG set / hat was worn pretty sparingly this season...not sure why.  They wore the heck out of that set last year.

31 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I'd clarify they usually wore the REGULAR navy alts on Sundays. There have been several weekend home series this season where the fauxbacks were worn all weekend. However, the navy BiG set / hat was worn pretty sparingly this season...not sure why.  They wore the heck out of that set last year.

Must not be selling well. 

Good.  I want a return to the original, not some terrible half-way compromise.   Not to mention that they insisted on using the incorrect BiG logo everywhere on that uniform. 

ff_2659190alt1_full.jpg&w=900

Men's Milwaukee Brewers Christian Yelich Majestic Navy/Navy Authentic Collection Flex Base Player Jersey

Disgraceful.  Plus it irritates the hell out of me that they removed the pants stripes just so they wouldn't clash with this Frankensteinian monstrosity.

Well, after a season of the Tigers going with the big "D" on the caps, I am hoping for a return to the smaller "D" or at least down size this one a bit.  The fan's reaction in Motown to the larger letter on the cap was not well-received at all.

The solution for the Tigers was always simple - make the old jersey “D” the unified one between the cap and jersey and call it a day. They instead chose the wrong “D” and took it too far by enlarging it on the cap in addition. They went from having my favorite look in the league to a rather awkward one.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Must not be selling well. 

Good.  I want a return to the original, not some terrible half-way compromise.   Not to mention that they insisted on using the incorrect BiG logo everywhere on that uniform. 

ff_2659190alt1_full.jpg&w=900

Men's Milwaukee Brewers Christian Yelich Majestic Navy/Navy Authentic Collection Flex Base Player Jersey

Disgraceful.  Plus it irritates the hell out of me that they removed the pants stripes just so they wouldn't clash with this Frankensteinian monstrosity.

And yet this is somehow still their best road look.  Hopefully it's what they wear tonight since it's the closest thing to an actual counterpart to the throwbacks.

Just putting it out there that these are my favorite Brewers scripts of all time and I think they outclass the 1982 scripts in every imaginable way (the home more-so than the road, which is basically this minus the tail).  I hope they're considered as part of a long overdue rebrand.

4225_milwaukee_brewers-jersey-1990.png

6806_milwaukee_brewers-jersey-1990.png

Archived