Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

Is there any evidence whatsoever that the Braves are considering dropping the Tomahawk from their identity or just speculation from members here?

No! There was never any speculation, just fans pontificating an idea. They would've phased it out instead of feature it on new items like the ST hat, and the chop fest logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marlins93 said:

Is there any evidence whatsoever that the Braves are considering dropping the Tomahawk from their identity or just speculation from members here?

Everything so far has been only speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fearing sort of a change-for-the-sake-of-change where they outline the A on the hats and reduce the piping to single-layer navy blue (very clean, really pops). Or perhaps they'll put a secondary/roundel that doesn't need to be there on the sleeve. Or maybe simplify some of the old details out of the tomahawk. Frankly, I'm still not over them getting rid of vertically arched lettering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely fear a White Sox like douche move to have a single pair of white and gray pants by reducing the piping to single navy and making the home alt white. This would be a major blow to such a classic uniform set (I'm not even considering the fugly navy alt).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t see the Braves making significant changes to what is their most iconic and successful uniforms. This has to be a new alternative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, insert name said:

I can’t see the Braves making significant changes to what is their most iconic and successful uniforms. This has to be a new alternative. 

 

People asking for the return of the original red alts are definitely getting the most likes on their Facebook post about the announcement. I could live with that after fearing for changes to the classic home and away sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Braves have a delicate balance of red and blue that is upset by a colored alternate. Somehow this doesn't apply to secondary stuff like jackets and practice jerseys but neither alternate works, and red even worse than blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Braves have a delicate balance of red and blue that is upset by a colored alternate. Somehow this doesn't apply to secondary stuff like jackets and practice jerseys but neither alternate works, and red even worse than blue.

 

I think a *good* navy alternate would work for the Braves. Literally just flip all the white and navy on the home jersey and you have a great alternate. However, it would just be a nice "change of pace" which was a slight step down from the home and road, and the players would end up wearing it every other game. It's probably for the best they haven't added such a jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a batting practice jersey out of flipping navy and white, but once you apply that to triple piping, it gets a little messy, and without that, it looks like a batting practice jersey. There's up to a third of the majors that should be alternate-proof: besides the obvious Yankees, the Cardinals, Mets, Braves, Angels, Nationals, and Red Sox never look good deviating from white and grey. I'm probably forgetting more.


EDIT: Tigers, Dodgers, Giants, that's ten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm fearing sort of a change-for-the-sake-of-change where they outline the A on the hats and reduce the piping to single-layer navy blue (very clean, really pops).

 

This is exactly what I expect to happen, and it’s going to be as disappointing and frustratingly unnecessary as you’d expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Phillies put up these wallpapers  on their twitter, which shows their new primary logo against different colors. Interestingly when it is against a red background, it gets an inner blue outline like their red alternate.

 

DxDzlIGXQAUkijB.jpg:large

DxDzlQ2XgAEQsiB.jpg:large

DxDzlZ3XcAArCCH.jpg:large

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their bell puts the 76ers’ to shame. It’s interesting to see the difference in orientation of the crack and overall shape of both bells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, the admiral said:

You can get a batting practice jersey out of flipping navy and white, but once you apply that to triple piping, it gets a little messy, and without that, it looks like a batting practice jersey. There's up to a third of the majors that should be alternate-proof: besides the obvious Yankees, the Cardinals, Mets, Braves, Angels, Nationals, and Red Sox never look good deviating from white and grey. I'm probably forgetting more.


EDIT: Tigers, Dodgers, Giants, that's ten

I will grant the Oakland A's. Beyond that, who "looks good" deviating from white and grey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cubs and White Sox look good in colored jerseys when used sparingly. So am I supposed to list the other twenty teams I didn't list already? plead each case? I don't get what you want from me here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Phillies put up these wallpapers  on their twitter, which shows their new primary logo against different colors. Interestingly when it is against a red background, it gets an inner blue outline like their red alternate.

 

Ugh.  Fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Cubs and White Sox look good in colored jerseys when used sparingly. So am I supposed to list the other twenty teams I didn't list already? plead each case? I don't get what you want from me here.

Sorry. I don't like the deviation from white and grey other than the A's. Your answer is perfectly clear -- there's no deeper meaning to it 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unevenness of the phils new logo is so bothering, 100% downgrade, the removal of the field shape left it feeling extremely left heavy due to the way the script is and the capital P, it also seems like it juts out more on the left side too, but my eyes could be playing tricks on me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.