MLB 2019 Changes

13 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I have a lot of friends who refuse to call Progressive Field anything other than Jacobs Fields or “The Jake.” It’s not something that bothers me because I have no attachment, but I understand the sentiment. I’d probably do the same if the rights to Camden Yards are ever sold. But calling Citi Field “Shea” is especially odd considering it’s an entirely different stadium.

You go years saying "Yeah I'm by Shea" and/or "We're going to Shea". It's unnatural just saying "Yeah, we're going to Citi". It's been a decade but no one's used to it. Everyone knows exactly what you're talking about when you say "Shea". 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how long it will take the Twins to realize that forcing "Minnesota Kaosta Gold" into their identity doesn't really work. It reminds me of when the Pirates kept adding red elements until they had horrible red jerseys that didn't fit their identity at all. I hope the Twins wise up before they are eventually wearing gold.

As a Twins fan I actually don't hate the gold in general, but they don't seem to have a clear, consistent approach to how to incorporate the color. It muddies up the home uniform as a drop shadow, and this latest attempt has the worst color balance I've ever seen on a Twins uniform. The red jersey actually utilizes gold the best, but I don't think that justifies keeping the color around.

I might skip out on watching this team every day and opt for a radio feed instead. Seeing the cream alternates every few home games was worth it, now I'm not so sure. They're dropping the best uniform option, including the classic TC cap. It's so frustrating when your favorite team keeps getting farther away from their signature visual identity.

I was paging through for fan reaction and I always laugh at "why don't you focus on putting a good team on the field rather than uniforms."  One has nothing to do with the other.

I am disappointed they are getting rid of the cream throwback.  I guess they are all-in on gold at home and no gold on the road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That twins jersey and presentation are pretty neat. Should look good with their alt cap 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This just seems like an odd move for the Twins. Now, they have two different navy jerseys, two different “Twins” wordmarks, no gold on the road, double outlines on some uniforms, shadows on others... just when you think they couldn’t get more inconsistent, they drop their best jersey and make more of a mess. I feel now more than ever that they just need to blow things up and start over. The gold does look a little bit better in person as opposed to the 3D graphic (which was a cool idea), but still... I don’t think it’s worth it.

As little as I think their cream alt suits them, powder blue seems to be only slightly less awkward, even as a mere spring jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Just now, MN Wilkings said:

Why wouldn’t Seattle go with teal? Teal is already one of their colors and powder blue is too similar. The teal and powder blue don’t go well with each other either. 

Probably because they already have a teal alternate and this gives them another color/look to sell for ST.

kU6ns.gif

just curious, anyone have any thoughts on why MLB is doing the ST cap/jersey unveilings as a slow drip, as opposed to the mass unveil they've done the past few times? did they do research and find that a 1-by-1 unveiling is more impactful on merch sales or something?

whatever the case, eager to see what other teams have in store for us.

sig2024.png

Archived