1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Will this be a Nike design? How does the timing work on that?

The team will most likely oversee what Nike will tweak here and there. It's like that for both the NFL and NBA. 

23 minutes ago, Pengin. said:

The team will most likely oversee what Nike will tweak here and there. It's like that for both the NFL and NBA. 

Right...I was just wondering if Nike can work on designs in 2019 or if Nike can only start working on designs beginning in 2020...

I'm guessing Nike will work on it (as you say), kinda like how Nike did the Seahawks new unis in 2012 (first year for Nike's NFL deal).

On 1/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, coco1997 said:

It needs to be a thing in KC again, too. 

And Milwaukee.

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Right...I was just wondering if Nike can work on designs in 2019 or if Nike can only start working on designs beginning in 2020...

I'm guessing Nike will work on it (as you say), kinda like how Nike did the Seahawks new unis in 2012 (first year for Nike's NFL deal).

Absolutely they will be working on it.  If the contract is for Nike to supply merchandise for the 2020 season, they’ll have to work on designs this year at the very latest (if they haven’t already started).   It’ll have to be in production during 2019. 

The Mariners announced the hat and a new powder blue jersey for Spring Training two days ago, which is why they’re the only team with their hats for sale: 

By the way, the Grapefruit League logo patch is the same shape (home plate) but with a blue palm tree and blue outline instead.

NM...posted a tweet that I thought was something new...was instantly debunked in Twitter replies.

Not really a fan of that new Mariners spring training gear. The cap logo just seems lazy (why an M instead of the S?) and powder blue seems like an unnecessary addition to their colors. It's almost redundant with what the Rays wear, so I'd rather see the Mariners embrace their teal-ish Pacific NW green since they are the only team wearing something like that in MLB now.

It just screams of a change for the sake of a change (or cash grab, I don't know).

29 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Not really a fan of that new Mariners spring training gear. The cap logo just seems lazy (why an M instead of the S?) and powder blue seems like an unnecessary addition to their colors. It's almost redundant with what the Rays wear, so I'd rather see the Mariners embrace their teal-ish Pacific NW green since they are the only team wearing something like that in MLB now.

It just screams of a change for the sake of a change (or cash grab, I don't know).

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Is baseball at the beginning of the powder blue for powder blue’s sake (PBFPBS) era? Before we know it half the league could be have powder blue alts. And this is different than in the ‘80s when it was a substitute for grey. Teams are wearing them with white pants now like it’s a team color. 

On 1/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, AndrewMLind said:

The Mariners announced the hat and a new powder blue jersey for Spring Training two days ago, which is why they’re the only team with their hats for sale: 

By the way, the Grapefruit League logo patch is the same shape (home plate) but with a blue palm tree and blue outline instead.

I hate double outlines which is why I love this jersey, the teal disappears into the light blue making the wordmark look much cleaner. 

4 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

are the Nationals doing something this year (as they will be 50 years old*)

*including there days in Montreal.

I heard something from an employee in the team store at Nationals Park last April about something happening but at this point I'm  not so sure 

29 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I heard something from an employee in the team store at Nationals Park last April about something happening but at this point I'm  not so sure 

thanks

they have to do something.  if anything, a patch or jersey (in the old Expos colors)

*with the Nationals W instead of they old Expos logo.

43 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

thanks

they have to do something.  if anything, a patch or jersey (in the old Expos colors)

*with the Nationals W instead of they old Expos logo.

Make the classic expos jersey but have it say nats under the Washington W instead of expos under the Montréal m