1 minute ago, KGeeX5 said:

I think they mean the new pattern on the BP caps? 

Hmm, in the context of the tweet it sounds like they mean something for the body, like a jersey.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Hmm, in the context of the tweet it sounds like they mean something for the body, like a jersey.

Yeah, I thought the same but it doesn't make sense. Very confusing. 

2 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

A lot of thermal stuff is "waffle"...

I think it's some kind of shirt. BP/ST hats this year are definitely the hex/diamond mesh. 

25 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What does waffle top mean?

7 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I believe this is the waffle top they are referring to:

1 minute ago, Aznkid25 said:

Oh that's pretty cool. Looks comfy. 

13 minutes ago, Aznkid25 said:

Ohhh, I like those. Didn't know it was called a waffle hoodie. 

https://twitter.com/freepsports/status/1091424724108890112?s=20

While the size of the Olde English ‘D’ on the Tigers’ game caps this season will not be the exact same as those worn on the team’s game caps prior to last season, it is described as being "very similar,” according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

46 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

While the size of the Olde English ‘D’ on the Tigers’ game caps this season will not be the exact same as those worn on the team’s game caps prior to last season, it is described as being "very similar,” according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Just wasn't into the big D last year

51 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

This isn't terribly surprising given the weather in Michigan lately. The D tends to shrink when it's cold out.

13 minutes ago, RichO said:

Just wasn't into the big D last year

PlayfulFarawayCapeghostfrog-small.gif

2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Thank goodness.

Halfway there, just need to bring back the jersey "D" and undo all the unnecessary changes from last year.

I'm a big fan of the big D (leave it alone) and while I wasn't bothered before they changed, I'm a little annoyed they are almost going back... Like, why change in the first place if you weren't ready to own it? 

37 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I'm a big fan of the big D (leave it alone) and while I wasn't bothered before they changed, I'm a little annoyed they are almost going back... Like, why change in the first place if you weren't ready to own it? 

This is my problem with so many teams who undo and alter changes so soon. Some conviction and pride in your decisions really helps to sell the identity to the public. If you change something a year later it's way harder for people to take any of your changes seriously because it shows indecisiveness and a lack of confidence.

I question the process that led to them enlarging the logo in the first place, but I have more admiration for acknowledging they made a mistake and giving fans what they want instead of stubbornly continuing with a poor decision. Yes, it shows a lack of confidence, but the error is not changing it back but rather changing it in the first place. Teams are much too inclined to change for the sake of change instead of sticking with what's tried and true.