Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

MLB 2019 Changes

Kinda bummed they recycled a lot of last year’s BP cap designs. Still waiting for the Cardinals “slugger-bird” to make an appearence on a BP cap. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's even worse when you realize they only wear one of them, sometimes they'll wear a second one but they've almost never worn the one with the tiger on it. The Rays have three but at least they manage to wear all three at some point.

Eh, thats a stretch.  I feel like ive seen the white front panel and the light blue one more than the navy one in recent years.

@Gothamite.... was the embroidery on the BIG always this thick/raised or is this new?

Men's Milwaukee Brewers New Era Blue/Yellow 2019 Spring Training 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

Definitely seems thicker than in the past, look at this one...

Men's Milwaukee Brewers New Era Navy 2018 Postseason Alternate Side Patch 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

New Era has tended to be more flat, this is like what ‘47 Brand produces. 

@Gothamite.... was the embroidery on the BIG always this thick/raised or is this new?

Men's Milwaukee Brewers New Era Blue/Yellow 2019 Spring Training 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

Definitely seems thicker than in the past, look at this one...

Men's Milwaukee Brewers New Era Navy 2018 Postseason Alternate Side Patch 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

The BiG definitely does appear to have different embroidery on this year's spring training cap, but I wouldn't read much into it since the BP/spring caps have generally had weird logo applications over the years, unlike the game caps:

Using spoiler so as to not confuse anyone with the release of the 2019 caps since these are old designs just for comparison.

Spoiler

hwl?set=sku%5B20899922%5D,c%5B4%5D,w%5B1

hwl?set=sku%5B20899793%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B1

ff_2275582alt1_full.jpg&w=900

hwl?set=sku%5B20953217%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B1

ff_2935271alt1_full.jpg&w=900

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

I wish more teams would wear gray caps (as an alternate, not a full-time road cap). I love my gray Orioles hat:

new-era-gray-baltimore-orioles-mlb-coope

I agree. These and the pirates 1999 era alternates will remain as some of my favorites

products-DSC_0363-600x600.jpg

* Photo is of made in China reproduction. 

There's a common theme that works. Grey and black base 90% of the way. Then some sort of bright third or fourth color coloring. 

I don't think a Navy blue or a red would work as that third color. 

The orange with san fran should work. But I don't think it does. So you never know

I'm loving the Mariners spring training cap. The "M" logo works way better than the "S". The serifs on the "M" protrude parallel to the West to East portion of the compass which makes it pleasing to the eye. 

MLB Releases 2019 Spring Training Cap Collection

February 4, 2019 - 21:50 PM

With Spring Training now just mere days away(!), Major League Baseball has today released the 2019 Major League Baseball Spring Training cap collection. The biggest change overall is the change in the construction of the caps, last year’s new “ProLight” material is gone […]

Read More...

Some of those have great designs. Shame they’re being squandered on such gimmicky material.

So was the prolight material a one year experiment that we won't ever see again?  For awhile I was convinced we'd start seeing hats for the NBA and NFL made from prolight as well.

A lot of teams are less traditional but still good hats for maybe an alternate. In specific the O’s, Tigers (tiger head logo), Marlins, Cardinals, Rays, Royals and A’s

Pet peeve on the BP (and all on-field caps) caps. If the crown and the brim are different colors, then the squatchee has to match the brim. Looks terrible otherwise.

Are these also offered in "regular" poly? I wouldn't buy the M logo one or the ST fabric one but the standalone fish looks really good...

5 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Are these also offered in "regular" poly? I wouldn't buy the M logo one or the ST fabric one but the standalone fish looks really good...

Doesn't seem like they will be.

The gray-crowned caps looked awful on the field.  There's a reason they were abandoned quickly by each team.

Only the Royals came close to pulling it off.  The Pirates were egregiously terrible because at the time their uniforms had pinstripes (one of the most mismatched and idiotic uniform sets ever) so the plain gray cap clashed with the pinstriped gray uni.

2 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Pet peeve on the BP (and all on-field caps) caps. If the crown and the brim are different colors, then the squatchee has to match the brim. Looks terrible otherwise.

Yes yes YES.   New Era has been pushing this style for years, and I hate it. 😠

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And the Nationals.  Especially the Nationals. 

Eh, shoot me I know, but their normal is better

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Some of those have great designs. Shame they’re being squandered on such gimmicky material.

I love the Diamond Era hats. I have a couple and they are great to wear in hot weather.

Prolight seemed like such a mistake. Was there any point to it besides presumably being cheaper/easier to manufacture?