MLB 2019 Changes

The only thing I would change on the Brewers is the TNR scripts. I like the colors (IMO it fits for a “brewery” team), the scripts are fine, and I absolutely love the cap logo. However, their throwbacks look nice as well, so I don’t really care what they do.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, Proc said:

Well, after a season of the Tigers going with the big "D" on the caps, I am hoping for a return to the smaller "D" or at least down size this one a bit.  The fan's reaction in Motown to the larger letter on the cap was not well-received at all.

source?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, msu said:

QuXZlNy.png

The Middle Script, with the Navy BiG Logo equals the perfect modern Brewers look in my opinion.

1525_milwaukee_brewers-cap-2016.png

Also, can somebody please give an example of the messed-up Brewers logo? I know when things wet Digital, a graphic got messed up, but I've never been able to figure out what it is. Can somebody please show me?

da0Lbhs.png

26 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

The Middle Script, with the Navy BiG Logo equals the perfect modern Brewers look in my opinion.

1525_milwaukee_brewers-cap-2016.png

Also, can somebody please give an example of the messed-up Brewers logo? I know when things wet Digital, a graphic got messed up, but I've never been able to figure out what it is. Can somebody please show me?

The little blue sliver between the "thumb" of the glove and the left side of the M should be white.

49 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

But, as @Gothamite pointed out, the script is based on a style of branding that actual beer companies have moved away from.  So how it could be considered a good look for the Brewers is not registering with me.  

For instance, when the Brewers adopted their current look, Miller Lite's (which the uniforms clearly took their share of inspiration from) branding looked like this.

bud-light-clipart-miller-lite-beer-7.jpg

Now, Miller Lite cans look like this.
miller-lite.jpg

It's hard to not draw a parallel between this and the Brewers uniforms.  Especially when the Brewers wore the uniforms that inspired the current "retros," Miller Lite cans looked like this.

1992-can-do-not-enlarge.jpg

You're right... I always associate the current unis with the opening of Miller Park which was the plan, if not for Big Blue (RIP).

But it wasn't much longer before we saw the string of over-designed blue cans. Their branding has gone completely in the other direction recently... and for reasons similar to why the Brewers need to.

I've wanted forever for the Rockies to drop black and just own purple.  Purple and white would lend itself to some very classic and timeless looks that would stand out because they're using a color that no one else does.  

12 hours ago, Lehnhart said:

Rockies purple unis are beautiful

They brightened the color ever so slightly and it turned into a massive improvement. They didn’t resort to changing their whole set. If only there was a certain green NFL team from NY that would do the same with their color....

XM4KeeA.png

I dunno if I wanna be this guy... but I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyways...

Just because beer companies have changed their branding styles since the 2000s doesn't mean the Brewers can't still use that wordmark without still successfully implying their connection to the brewing industry. 

There are plenty of teams with names and logos across all sports that still fit just fine even when their inspirations are long changed or outdated...

Nobody dodges trolleys anymore for one. 

38 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just because beer companies have changed their branding styles since the 2000s doesn't mean the Brewers can't still use that wordmark without still successfully implying their connection to the brewing industry. 

There are plenty of teams with names and logos across all sports that still fit just fine even when their inspirations are long changed or outdated...

That's a fair point.

However, in this case I think the overall point is more that over-designed beer logos/labels were a product of the early 2000's and that era is gone. Regardless of the team's connection to the beer industry they have an outdated look from that same era.

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just because they can doesn't mean they should... especially when it leads to the awkward phenomena we've seen over the past several years where 80% of the fans in the stands are wearing a totally different brand than the one on the field.  It's not like you see LA fans wearing Brooklyn gear in the stands.

15 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Just because they can doesn't mean they should... especially when it leads to the awkward phenomena we've seen over the past several years where 80% of the fans in the stands are wearing a totally different brand than the one on the field.  It's not like you see LA fans wearing Brooklyn gear in the stands.

Yes, you do.

General observation, anyone think the Cubs would look good with red numbers on the back of their home jerseys kinda like their road jerseys?

When I see their uniforms I think of them as a blue with red team but from behind they seem like just a blue team, or kinda "too blue" like the Dodgers or Royals for example. 

I know the Cubs have the red outline on the numbers and name but it's too subtle for me. A touch more red on the back would look nice I think. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

General observation, anyone think the Cubs would look good with red numbers on the back of their home jerseys kinda like their road jerseys?

When I see their uniforms I think of them as a blue with red team but from behind they seem like just a blue team, or kinda "too blue" like the Dodgers or Royals for example. 

I know the Cubs have the red outline on the numbers and name but it's too subtle for me. A touch more red on the back would look nice I think. 

The Cubs should have solid color numbers and names. Blue or red, but they don't need an outline.

There are so many little things the Cubs could do to give their uniforms more of a classic feel. The current set seems a little dated (80's/90's) to me. Don't even get me started on the awful 80's version of the primary logo with the super thick blue circle. Dial it back a bit with the weight of that stroke.

Archived