MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not sure if you're saying so because you are surprised but the Padres currently rotate which camo jersey they wear regularly each season so both the blue and brown camo jerseys are still in their rotations.

50th anniversary patch.

1 hour ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Kansas City Royals Make Changes to Primary Logo for 2019

February 19, 2019 - 17:58 PM

kc-royals-new-logo-2019.png

The Kansas City Royals have removed the “Royals” from their primary logo for 2019, they’ve also eliminated black from their colour scheme entirely. It’s one of three super subtle logo changes throughout the American League this off-season, the Baltimore Orioles […]

Read More...

"It’s one of three super subtle logo changes throughout the American League this off-season, the Baltimore Orioles were one, we’ll get to the other one soon."

Anyone know the third AL team?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Agreed.  Can confirm that it's not even available (yet) at their Spring Training team store 

I'd get that one over the white front panel only because I sweat profusely and that would stain easily.  

I think I like the brighter gold better for KC's crown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’m going to nitpick here, but I consider the Royals a 2 color team. Royal blue and white. (I don’t count logos cause the yanks aren’t red nor the Steelers blue) yet I feel they muddy their identity with powder blue jerseys (I don’t count powder as their color cause a dozen others had that rather than gray) and gold script jerseys...but that’s just me.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, bowld said:

My guess for the third team is the Rays, As or Twins 

The Twins dropping silver or the Rays dropping the diamond shape would definitely make sense. I have absolutely no idea what other team could change... Going with cap logos is indeed popular these days but the remaining 13 are either already cap logos or kinda classic. Maybe the Astros or Rangers abandoning their roundels?

9 minutes ago, insert name said:

Yeah, the Royals need to fix the crown. It's way to dark. 

It’s exactly the same as it has been for the past 20+ years. The old mustard gold was a print use shade.

Let’s consult game-worn examples:

58721_02_lg.jpg

(1972)

18114e_med.jpeg

(2015)

They’re pretty much the same.

It’s just a matter of digital rendering, choosing to use the (overly-dark) metallic Pantone shade in reproductions instead of a flat shade. A flat shade would look better in digital formats (e.g., 465 C).

Pantone.465C.jpg

43 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

The Twins dropping silver or the Rays dropping the diamond shape would definitely make sense. I have absolutely no idea what other team could change... Going with cap logos is indeed popular these days but the remaining 13 are either already cap logos or kinda classic. Maybe the Astros or Rangers abandoning their roundels?

The Twins don't use Silver. Do you mean the Gold they aded in 2015?

da0Lbhs.png

Just now, AndrewMLind said:

I'd guess the Twins will promote the interlocking TC or the Rangers will go with just the T, rather than their respective roundels. 

I know it won't happen, but I would prefer the Twins to make their Minnesota Alternate logo the primary, reminiscent of 1961-1987.

h7yvwsji2bngl8v6n0o4o3x9k.gif

da0Lbhs.png

Archived