Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, AndrewG70 said:

Highly unpopular opinion: I would love to see the Yankees adopt their Spring Training jerseys, minus the patches, as alternate jerseys.

I always wanted that when I was younger, now I don't want it to ever happen. Unfortunately, it absolutely will sooner than later. Nothing is sacred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

 

They also wore Baby Blue against the Marlins Blue jerseys

 

PbQZU08.jpg

That blue for both teams is better than their actual colored jerseys and need to replace them now. Especially rays. The baby blue looks great, would look better with green but I can’t eat my cake and have it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

That blue for both teams is better than their actual colored jerseys and need to replace them now. Especially rays. The baby blue looks great, would look better with green but I can’t eat my cake and have it too

 

The Rays do have a baby blue alt pretty much exactly like this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

 

The Rays do have a baby blue alt pretty much exactly like this one...

That’s what I mean, it should be the primary, not navy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

That’s what I mean, it should be the primary, not navy

 

It's already worn more than the navy at home. As for the road alt, light blue jerseys with grey pants look kinda weird, most probably the reason why they only wear their navy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

That’s what I mean, it should be the primary, not navy

 

40 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

 

It's already worn more than the navy at home. As for the road alt, light blue jerseys with grey pants look kinda weird, most probably the reason why they only wear their navy one.

 

Ive always said they need to take a UNC approach and use light blue as primary and navy as an accent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

 

 

Ive always said they need to take a UNC approach and use light blue as primary and navy as an accent.

 

That'd be awesome. I asbolutely love columbia blue as a uniform color but I'm still not sure about light blue jerseys on the road. Pairing them with grey pants look like a mismatch of eras... People 30 and under shouldn't really bother but I'm sure some older guys like me find it weird since both are/have been away uniforms base colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jp1409 said:

 

That'd be awesome. I asbolutely love columbia blue as a uniform color but I'm still not sure about light blue jerseys on the road. Pairing them with grey pants look like a mismatch of eras... People 30 and under shouldn't really bother but I'm sure some older guys like me find it weird since both are/have been away uniforms base colors.

I wasn’t talking about making the light blue jersey used on the road, but a recolor of their logos and visual branding to make it light blue accented by navy blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I wasn’t talking about making the light blue jersey used on the road, but a recolor of their logos and visual branding to make it light blue accented by navy blue

 

That'd make sense for sure. I'd even throw in some more athletic gold while we're at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Olmec said:

I understand the controversy around Chief Wahoo and a replacement was justified, but applauding a "block serif C" as its replacement is laughable. 

 

I look at it like this, going from an actual logo to a literal letter in Times New Roman font. Lazy Pittsburgh-Penguins-logo.png

0050-500x500.png?1275328228

Because it’s new. If they never had Chief Wahoo and had a Block ‘C’ as their logo from the start everyone would call it genius and an untouchable classic. 

 

Its a perfectly fine cap logo. That’s whats being argued. And it’s clearly meant to act as their primary since it already has some recognition while they brand away from chief wahoo. I would be surprised if we didn’t see a new logo in the coming few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone else mentioned this earlier, but it would be interesting if the Indians designed a new primary logo based upon something like a feather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Olmec said:

I understand the controversy around Chief Wahoo and a replacement was justified, but applauding a "block serif C" as its replacement is laughable. 

 

I look at it like this, going from an actual logo to a literal letter in Times New Roman font. Lazy Pittsburgh-Penguins-logo.png

0050-500x500.png?1275328228

 

 

The discussion was about a baseball cap logo design, so I don't get your comparison here. If we want to talk primary logo, that's something else.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Because it’s new. If they never had Chief Wahoo and had a Block ‘C’ as their logo from the start everyone would call it genius and an untouchable classic. 

 

Its a perfectly fine cap logo. That’s whats being argued. And it’s clearly meant to act as their primary since it already has some recognition while they brand away from chief wahoo. I would be surprised if we didn’t see a new logo in the coming few years. 

It's not though. It's the letter "C" with zero character. No better than the Ray's "TB" which I recall getting slammed by this board when it debuted for how "corporate and lifeless" it looked, along with the other micro communities that pay attention to these things. 

 

They should have just went with this while they sort their affairs. Yes, it looks like a "J" but it looks proprietary, has character, and matches the identity at the very least. 

 

s-l300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

I really, really like this hat, and I'm glad they didn't outline the "C" (until we get to the road alternate jersey).

I have always advocated for a white outline on the logo, but after seeing the new navy and red cap, I immediately changed my mind. That cap is perfect, to the point where I'm actually tempted to buy one, and I don't own any MLB caps other than Rays caps (with the exception of a Blue Jays cap my friend gave me after he got a Spring Training bat boy job).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'C' logo and the Indians script really clash. One is understated and verrrry basic, the other is flashy. They need to pick a lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The 'C' logo and the Indians script really clash. One is understated and verrrry basic, the other is flashy. They need to pick a lane.

 

While I like both (but prefer the 1940s-50s script), I can’t help but feel that the Block C is the baseball logo equivalent of this:

 

Broken-image-icon-in-Chrome.gif

 

You know there was something there before, but now it’s been removed and replaced.

 

The Buckeyes’ fancy C wouldn’t have this problem. Heck, it could get the team to give the script a bit of a tune-up to remove the “uncanny valley” quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

That blue for both teams is better than their actual colored jerseys and need to replace them now. Especially rays. The baby blue looks great, would look better with green but I can’t eat my cake and have it too

Yea I would love for them to minimize the navy and go baby blue and yellow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The 'C' logo and the Indians script really clash. One is understated and verrrry basic, the other is flashy. They need to pick a lane.

 

The Dodgers make it work for some reason. The LA has little relationship with the script Dodgers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They have no intention of doing that.

 

They're going to continue selling Wahoo merchandise at the ballpark and at outlets throughout Ohio..

Is that like a state licensing thing where it's only happening in the state of OH? I ask because mlbshop had a fire sale on wahoo on-fields a few months back. Some as cheap as $3.99. It's odd they wouldn't just sell the overstock to a OH based outlet to sell to fans there.  Mlbshop has nada wahoo now. But lids continues with various wahoo caps. I wonder if new era will continue having the design in their database.  Mlbshop has pretty much erased wahoo from all current items. So it's interesting hear that they will still have licensed apparel being made and sold, even if it's just the stadium or state of OH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.