MLB 2019 Changes

On 3/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

If I could time travel to any stadium it would be this

cut.jpg

Also would catch an A's game at shibe too.

Of all the lost stadia (Ebbets, Polo Grounds, pre-Steinbrenner Yankee, etc..) you choose the Baker Bowl? Wow. That’s a great pull and certainly original. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleveland new unis are constantly on sale on mlb shop and fanatics,  only 2019 authentic jerseys to ever be reduced. Only reason i can think of is no one is buying them due to no wahoo on the sleeve. If anyone else have a suggestion for this weird thing, i am all ears!

7 minutes ago, skip88 said:

Cleveland new unis are constantly on sale on mlb shop and fanatics,  only 2019 authentic jerseys to ever be reduced. Only reason i can think of is no one is buying them due to no wahoo on the sleeve. If anyone else have a suggestion for this weird thing, i am all ears!

Rebrand entirely.

21 minutes ago, skip88 said:

In 2020? But all teams get Nike jerseys anyway in 2020

That’s got 0% to do with my suggestion. If you want better sales for Cleveland’s jerseys, just dump the name and come up with a new brand. It could drum up some interest in the team in a big way!

But I figured I’m just keeping you away from your real goal on the boards, which is unproductively insulting Marlins fans while adding nothing of worth to discussions like the troll that you are. 

15 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That’s got 0% to do with my suggestion. If you want better sales for Cleveland’s jerseys, just dump the name and come up with a new brand. It could drum up some interest in the team in a big way!

But I figured I’m just keeping you away from your real goal on the boards, which is unproductively insulting Marlins fans while adding nothing of worth to discussions like the troll that you are. 

I am a troll due to a few jokes?  Get a sense of humor you nerd, don't call someone a troll, because you can't answer my question.  Don't ever respond to me again! 

3 hours ago, skip88 said:

All replica jerseys are on sale right now...even Cubs jerseys. 

The replica jerseys don't have sleeve patches anyway...for any team. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

All replica jerseys are on sale right now...even Cubs jerseys. 

The replica jerseys don't have sleeve patches anyway...for any team. 

Supringly though

ff_3457451-2cd0865eb6732e0e1d91alt1_full

I'm surprised the replica is pictured with a front number.

Lookin at other teams like the Nationals their replica's still don't.

4 hours ago, skip88 said:

I am a troll due to a few jokes?  Get a sense of humor you nerd, don't call someone a troll, because you can't answer my question.  Don't ever respond to me again! 

5pmYy0S.jpg

On 3/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

If I could time travel to any stadium it would be this

cut.jpg

Also would catch an A's game at shibe too.

Ah, the old joke that wrote itself...they used soap, but the stench of futility is hard to wash away...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

re: D-Bags

I despise the idea of plastic grass in the Major Leagues, but at least it doesn't look like terrible astroturf in that picture. But they don't need the path to the mound anymore. What are guys gonna do, kill the pretend grass?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

re: D-Bags

I despise the idea of plastic grass in the Major Leagues, but at least it doesn't look like terrible astroturf in that picture.

Then I figure you'll really loathe what some college fields are like now...as an example, a few years ago, Indiana hosted the Big Ten baseball tournament, and it took me a while to notice, but the infield dirt...well, it wasn't actual dirt.   I can't recall whether the mound was still real or not, but there are other schools that use turf mounds now.  Hell, Houston (the Cougars, not the Astros) has a black mound.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Then I figure you'll really loathe what some college fields are like now...as an example, a few years ago, Indiana hosted the Big Ten baseball tournament, and it took me a while to notice, but the infield dirt...well, it wasn't actual dirt.   I can't recall whether the mound was still real or not, but there are other schools that use turf mounds now.  Hell, Houston (the Cougars, not the Astros) has a black mound.

Oh man, don’t get me started. I love watching college baseball, but those fields with brown turf instead of dirt annoy the hell out of me. I understand it’s easier to maintain, but it just looks like sh!t on TV

Whoa - there's baseball that doesn't even have dirt?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Whoa - there's baseball that doesn't even have dirt?

Yeah, here’s Houston. They don’t even use brown around the bases, they use red. This is a couple years ago before the black mound

fJh58hJ.jpg

I understand the nod to old-time baseball, but I’ve never been a fan of the “pitcher’s path” on a baseball diamond. Reminds me too much of the all-dirt infields from days in little league baseball, when the city/recreational department was too cheap/lazy to maintain a grass infield. Heck, some even used clay and limestone.

Archived