MLB 2019 Changes

Gloves don’t have blue fingers either, but yet....

White webbing is correct because that’s the way the logo was designed.  Somebody at MLB Propertirs screwed up the Illustrator file in the early 1990 when they went digital, making it transparent. 

Full story here: https://uni-watch.com/2018/10/13/brewers-inconsistent-ball-in-glove-logo/

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Haha that's dope I think

You’re whats wrong with America. 

6 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

Battery sales in Philadelphia will set records too if Harper underperforms.

I don’t get comments like this. When a guy is underperforming his contract, what else are you supposed to do? How do you let him know he needs to either step it up or retire?  I’m going to Australia in a few days and plan on bringing back a boomerang and paint his name, number, and “U Suck just die” on it. If it works, I’ll be able to reuse over and over it for the other turds on the team. 

also - he’s “only”  the 16th highest paid player... so he has wiggle room. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

I still don't understand why the white webbing is "correct." Shouldn't it be transparent? Or yellow to blend into the background? I get it's a glove, but baseball gloves don't have white webbing. Please help me understand this.

It's not about the color of the webbing, it's just to show that there IS webbing there, that the glove doesn't have a hole in between the thumb and first fingers. So the point is to make the webbing a different color than the background because making it the same color as the background implies that there is an empty space there. Transparent is completely the opposite of what that part of the logo was intended to look like. "Something" has to be there.

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Random thought... why didn't the Braves use those carbon fiber helmets anymore? 

That was a one-off for Opening Day at SunTrust Park in 2017. Pretty sure the team auctioned off the helmets. 

9 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It's not about the color of the webbing, it's just to show that there IS webbing there, that the glove doesn't have a hole in between the thumb and first fingers. So the point is to make the webbing a different color than the background because making it the same color as the background implies that there is an empty space there. Transparent is completely the opposite of what that part of the logo was intended to look like. "Something" has to be there.

Then why was it "wrong" earlier when the webbing was blue like the rest of the glove?

1 hour ago, Quillz said:

Then why was it "wrong" earlier when the webbing was blue like the rest of the glove?

Because the designer specified white. The only blue was supposed to be the letters. The webbing was only transparent because somebody else later screwed up the Illustrator file. 

You can say the blue looks better, but “wrong” is an objective statement of fact.

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Random thought... why didn't the Braves use those carbon fiber helmets anymore? 

They claimed that they were going to experiment with a few different helmet finishes that season, but the carbon was the only variation they used in game

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Because the designer specified white. The only blue was supposed to be the letters. The webbing was only transparent because somebody else later screwed up the Illustrator file. 

You can say the blue looks better, but “wrong” is an objective statement of fact.

I think it does, a lot. The white has always stuck out to me. Blue has it blend better with the rest of the elements.

9 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I think it does, a lot. The white has always stuck out to me. Blue has it blend better with the rest of the elements.

I will gladly disagree with you on the aesthetics.  I could see a case for gold, I suppose, but blue muddies the letters and ruins the balance of the design.

Regardless, it’s still an error. 😛 

Talk about logo misconceptions, I only saw a ball and glove — not a lowercase m or b — until the Brewers brought it back as a throwback jersey a few years ago. Another aha moment. Just never paid close attention the few times I’d play against the Brewers in video games, though I always chose their throwback options because I liked the logo despite that. 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, the admiral said:

Never do anything a la the Washington Wizards, that was terrible. They've made it this long being the Indians, the name is here to stay, work around not having Chief Wahoo.

🤯

Tampa Bay Rays Change Logo, Tweak Unis, Announce Throwbacks

March 6, 2019 - 17:03 PM

A few small changes to the overall look of the Tampa Bay Rays heading into 2019 include a new primary logo, a new uniform patch, and the return of a 90s uniform treasure. Starting with the primary logo — The […]

Read More...

On 3/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, CitizenTino said:

After seeing what happened to the Browns when they overhauled their uniforms shortly after Nike took over the NFL and the Cavs’ uniforms once Nike took over the NBA, forgive me for being a little wary of what would happen to the Indians once Nike gets MLB.

Also: There has been talk that the Indians are working on a new secondary mark for 2020, but nothing about a complete overhaul as far as I know.

The backlash they would get from a name change would be a million times worse than the small group of people offended right now. Most people think Cleveland is a joke, but they care about their teams.

11 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

So are they the first team to wear their primary logo on the front of their jersey, besides the turn the clock forward games

Cincinnati Reds

Atlanta Braves

Chicago Cubs

Chicago White Sox

Detroit Tigers, too, though the D's and primary logos have changed.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived