MLB 2019 Changes

What about just powder blue and gold with no navy for the Rays? 

I could make an argument for the Rays adopting the original Buccaneers colors too, but I'm not crazy about adding yet another color scheme in their already convoluted history. At least powder blue and gold is an intuitive evolution of what they wear now.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light blue should be their primary color, with their original shade of green as a secondary color, and yellow/gold as the tertiary.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

You'd likely need to darken the blue a bit, maybe 60s Chargers darker.  Could work though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

You'd likely need to darken the blue a bit, maybe 60s Chargers darker.  Could work though.

The 60s Chargers were exactly what I had in mind, actually.

14 hours ago, NicDB said:

I could make an argument for the Rays adopting the original Buccaneers colors too, but I'm not crazy about adding yet another color scheme in their already convoluted history. At least powder blue and gold is an intuitive evolution of what they wear now.

The original Buccaneers colors, or something similar, would be a good look in MLB. I guess it could work for the Rays, fully embracing the Sun Ray theme.

Image result for tampa bay bucs 1990sImage result for usc baseball

Image result for usc baseball

A slightly darker powder blue and yellow would look good too:

NCAA BASEBALL: JUN 01 UCLA v Gonzaga : News PhotoCOLLEGE BASEBALL: MAY 05 UCLA at Arizona : News PhotoImage result for ucla baseball

As long as we're talking about the Rays, I still prefer the more literal manta ray identity than the more abstract "ray of light" they have now. As for their colors, I agree some green mixed with powder blue would be an interesting look.

52 minutes ago, Quillz said:

After all this time, it just occurred to me: do the Angels and Rangers have the same number font?

Both are similar in that they have the pointy flares on the sides but the Rangers is essentially a modified block whereas the Angels is more curved.

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, insert name said:

Similar fonts was a thing in the 90's too and they had the same main color. 

Image result for texas rangers 1995

Related image

Potato, Patato, Tomato, Tamato

the both have anniversary logos on the left sleeve and alternate logos on the right, the same type of pipping and stripes, same font (with the smallest of differences) and the same colors. How did they get away with this. The only difference you could truly tell is the name on the front 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Potato, Patato, Tomato, Tamato

the both have anniversary logos on the left sleeve and alternate logos on the right, the same type of pipping and stripes, same font (with the smallest of differences) and the same colors. How did they get away with this. The only difference you could truly tell is the name on the front 

The Rangers had a red cap and the Angels was navy.

While these are similar, the Dodgers and Royals look more alike than anyone else. 

4 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

The Rangers had a red cap and the Angels was navy.

While these are similar, the Dodgers and Royals look more alike than anyone else. 

This is why I wanted a Dodgers-Royals WS so much back in 2015 or so. The idea of two teams virtually identical to one another would have been fun to watch.

Don’t like this change. 

If you're a pinstripe team, you should always be wearing pinstripes.  Having two pairs of pants, the mix-and-match, it dilutes the team’s identity.  

At least with pinstripe pants there was some continuity between the regular uniforms and the softball tops. 

Archived