MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Don’t like this change. 

If you're a pinstripe team, you should always be wearing pinstripes.  Having two pairs of pants, the mix-and-match, it dilutes the team’s identity.  

At least with pinstripe pants there was some continuity between the regular uniforms and the softball tops. 

I agree completely. Hate this move.

I suppose this means they are on the verge of getting rid of the pinstripes entirely.

You know what, I like it!

You gotta admit that pinstriped pants don’t mesh well with solid jerseys. 

This:

spacer.png

Is better than this:

spacer.png

I don’t think it’s diluting the brand or anything like that. It’s just making the alternate uniform look better (then again, making both Rockies alternates better is a tall task).

6 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I agree completely. Hate this move.

I suppose this means they are on the verge of getting rid of the pinstripes entirely.

I doubt it.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, SFGiants58 said:

This:

spacer.png

Is better than this:

spacer.png

I don’t think it’s diluting the brand or anything like that. It’s just making the alternate uniform look better (then again, making both Rockies alternates better is a tall task).

I doubt it.

The Rockies alts' would look better if they just went with "ROCKIES". Fewer letters and simple coloring look better in the TNR font across the front. The '95-99 road aways were the best away jerseys they've ever worn. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Mets look pretty bad in the blue alt and the pinstripes. Headspoon piping flows...right into pinstripes? Ugh. 

I just hope the Rockies' pants have piping too. Plain white pants is just way too bland with colored alternates. 

OFF TOPIC...don't know if it's being discussed elsewhere, sorry if I missed it here...today is Paul's last day at ESPN. I think that sucks, and I'm no huge fan of the guy. He had a great run at ESPN. And either I've changed or Paul's changed recently (perhaps after his big decision last year)...but his content has been pretty on-point the last few months. Seems like fewer externalities and more logo stuff. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t have to admit it, actually.  Because I don’t agree that first one is better than the second. ;) 

But if the problem really is that colored tops don’t work with the team’s main uniforms, then the answer is simple: don’t wear those colored tops.

So basically what the Cubs did after Carlos Zambrano left, where the blues haven't been worn at home in years.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

This:

spacer.png

Is better than this:

spacer.png

I doubt it.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t have to admit it, actually.  Because I don’t agree that first one is better than the second. ;) 

But if the problem really is that colored tops don’t work with the team’s main uniforms, then the answer is simple: don’t wear those colored tops.

I must say I generally agree on don't wear colored tops if your default uniform is pinstripes. 

However, the Mets look infinitely better without the pins. And those colored tops are gorgeous. 

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

This:

Is better than this:

I have to disagree with you on this. The bottom picture looks better.

I don’t mind the Solid Top-Pinstripe Bottom combo but I prefer the top photo over the bottom. Are they at least gonna have a stripe on the side? Because if it’s just plain white pants, then it’s gonna look really boring especially with the pipeless purples. 

XM4KeeA.png

Green Caps Across MLB Today for St Patrick’s Day

March 17, 2019 - 14:20 PM

Every Major League Baseball club will be donning green and white versions of their usual Spring caps today in honour of St. Patrick’s Day. As is Major League tradition, every cap follows the same template except for the San Francisco […]

Read More...

On 3/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, Gothamite said:

Don’t like this change. 

If you're a pinstripe team, you should always be wearing pinstripes.  Having two pairs of pants, the mix-and-match, it dilutes the team’s identity.  

At least with pinstripe pants there was some continuity between the regular uniforms and the softball tops. 

The thing is the Rockies are both a Pinstripe and non Pinstripe wearing team. Albeit the home look is with pinstripes. I'm one that the Pinstripes should stay as I like them and actually wish they'd go back to pinstripes on the road as well.

4 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

The thing is the Rockies are both a Pinstripe and non Pinstripe wearing team. Albeit the home look is with pinstripes. 

All pinstripe wearing teams don’t wear pinstripes on the road. Yankees, Cubs, Phillies, White Sox, Mets, Rockies...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived