MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

This should be the permanent home hat for the Blue Jays.

100% agreed. Use the full blue caps for the away's as they did in the 90's and, you got yourself a winner.

4kv29i.jpg

1 hour ago, Davey said:

100% agreed. Use the full blue caps for the away's as they did in the 90's and, you got yourself a winner.

But they wore the solid blue caps at home towards the end. It's a much sharper look, imo. Save the white panel caps for spring training and throwbacks.

tumblr_pp47doFLZ41u7t2opo1_640.jpg

tumblr_pp47ecIIVd1u7t2opo1_400.jpgtumblr_pp47f0OOrg1u7t2opo1_400.jpgtumblr_pp47m6VEgM1u7t2opo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pp481qSQQY1u7t2opo1_1280.jpg

4 hours ago, daveindc said:

But they wore the solid blue caps at home towards the end. It's a much sharper look, imo. Save the white panel caps for spring training and throwbacks.

tumblr_pp47doFLZ41u7t2opo1_640.jpg

tumblr_pp47ecIIVd1u7t2opo1_400.jpgtumblr_pp47f0OOrg1u7t2opo1_400.jpgtumblr_pp47m6VEgM1u7t2opo1_1280.jpgtumblr_pp481qSQQY1u7t2opo1_1280.jpg

That hat was easily their best, their logo just looks better with that light blue part of the logo and the a circle baseball behind it.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:50 AM, SFGiants58 said:

The 1993 black jersey was fantastic, for what is was.

spacer.png

It’d look even better without the inlays.

spacer.png

They really don’t need black.

1 million percent yes!!!!! Why did they deviate from this?!?!?!?! 

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

That hat was easily their best, their logo just looks better with that light blue part of the logo and the a circle baseball behind it.

No way, save the all blue for away games.  The white panel at home is the best look they've ever had.

Image result for 1992 blue jays

banners

I heard this before spring training, but the Rays dropped nameplates starting this season.  I thought something looked different during the game yesterday.

It looks nice.

032819-fsf-mlb-tampa-bay-rays-astros-pi.

The below is from 2018...

Rays.jpg

Paul Lukas mentioned it in his season preview:

Also: You know how some teams sew the lettering for the players' names on the back of the uniform directly onto the jersey, while others sew the lettering onto a separate strip of fabric and then sew that onto the jersey? Those fabric strips are called nameplates. The Rays and Indians have been the last two teams to use them for the past few years, but now both of those teams are switching to direct-sewn lettering, which will make this MLB's first nameplate-free season since 1972. How's that for a trivia nugget!

8 hours ago, Proc said:

The Tigers have kept the oversized "D" on the batting helmets.  The new, "medium" sized, "D" on the hats looks great.  They got that part right.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hot take alert:

The new cap logo and pre 2017 cap logos are way too damn small. The larger logos used in 2018 were perfect 

32 minutes ago, poser said:

Too much going on there

gallery_xlarge.jpg

Yeah, that’s a lot.

It’s redeemed somewhat by the fact that the two memorial patches are simple and compliment each other.  Overly-fussy designs, too many colors, or clashing styles would make it much, much worse.

You guys may have answered this earlier, but a quick check at the thread didn’t bring an answer. I just turned on the Houston/TB game, and the Rays hats don’t have the MLB 150 patch on them today. Watched the Cardinals yesterday, so I’m not sure if the Rays had it yesterday, but I can only imagine that they did. Surely that wasn’t just an opening day thing...? 

2 minutes ago, BelfourThibault said:

You guys may have answered this earlier, but a quick check at the thread didn’t bring an answer. I just turned on the Houston/TB game, and the Rays hats don’t have the MLB 150 patch on them today. Watched the Cardinals yesterday, so I’m not sure if the Rays had it yesterday, but I can only imagine that they did. Surely that wasn’t just an opening day thing...? 

Cap patch was only for Opening Day, Jersey Patch is season-long.

da0Lbhs.png

Archived