MLB 2019 Changes

19 hours ago, VikWings said:

I believe the Orioles have a schedule too. They only wear alts on Friday’s. Black at home Orange on the road.

This is definitely not true. The Orioles have yet to wear their black alts this year, and have worn the orange alt at both home and the road so far, on Saturdays.

IGNORE, am idiot.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Champion Red Sox Add Gold to Uniforms for 2019 Opener

April 9, 2019 - 11:20 AM

The Boston Red Sox, celebrating the most recent of their four World Series championships captured during this young century, will raise their 2018 pennant, collect their rings, and then wear special gold-trimmed uniforms when they play their 2019 home opener […]

Read More...

7 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

This is definitely not true. The Orioles have yet to wear their black alts this year, and have worn the orange alt at both home and the road so far, on Saturdays.

The past few years, it has been Black for Friday, and Orange for Saturday, both at home, and on the road. 

21 hours ago, VikWings said:

Cardinals have a schedule too:

cream alts for Saturday home games

powder blue jerseys for Saturday road games - new for this year.

bid hat for Sunday home games

navy hat against other red hat teams on the road for contrast

So other than Saturdays, you’re getting white or gray. 

I believe the Orioles have a schedule too. They only wear alts on Friday’s. Black at home Orange on the road.

I know the Mariners only wear the teal on home fridays and the fauxback on sundays, but I think it’s a free for all with the navy road alt.

Arizona has traditionally gone with the Teal accent jerseys on Tuesdays and Fridays, Black jerseys on Saturdays, and the Red alternates on Sundays.  Sometimes they will wear the red alternates on afternoon games as well.  I am only going off of the trend from the last couple of seasons with the uniforms though.  At least the part with the teal accent is 100% accurate.

The Dodgers are wearing their "Los Angeles" jersey for the first time this year. However they're wearing their stripeless pants they wear with the "Dodgers" road alt jersey instead of the single striped pants they usually wear.

They've worn their alt the last 3 games, so i'm presuming they found it easier to pack just 1 pant type.

6 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

The Dodgers are wearing their "Los Angeles" jersey for the first time this year. However they're wearing their stripeless pants they wear with the "Dodgers" road alt jersey instead of the single striped pants they usually wear.

They've worn their alt the last 3 games, so i'm presuming they found it easier to pack just 1 pant type.

About time they wore that jersey

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Let me apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask, and I'm sure it's been discussed here (somewhere). I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Cardinals authentic for the first time in years. My last Cardinals/MLB authentic predates the "cool base" fabric, when you actually at least felt like you were getting $300 worth of material. Anyway, as everyone knows, there's been a crazy shift over the last decade or so in "authentics" not even really being close to the on field/on ice product. Are the baseball authentics at least a little closer than the NHL/NFL crap they're marketing as authentic now?

3 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

Let me apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask, and I'm sure it's been discussed here (somewhere). I'm about to pull the trigger on a new Cardinals authentic for the first time in years. My last Cardinals/MLB authentic predates the "cool base" fabric, when you actually at least felt like you were getting $300 worth of material. Anyway, as everyone knows, there's been a crazy shift over the last decade or so in "authentics" not even really being close to the on field/on ice product. Are the baseball authentics at least a little closer than the NHL/NFL crap they're marketing as authentic now?

Yes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

you actually at least felt like you were getting $300 worth of material.

$300 is a lot of money.  I'm not sure how the material of any sports jersey is "worth" $300.  They must be master marketers if they can convince people of that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

For those interested in buying team-spec authentics - I've had great luck at MLB team stores (at the stadium), especially to find game-used or team-spec gear at reasonable prices. Although I don't live close to an MLB ballpark, last season I attended an Orioles game, and their team store had a huge selection of game-worn and team-issued jerseys for $50, $75, and $100 (depending on popularity of player). If you don't care about whose name or number is on it, these can be a great bargain. I had a similar experience in Toronto, although those were a bit more expensive - in the $100 - $150 range. These types of prices can often be found on eBay too, so you don't necessarily have to go to a team store in-person.

This even holds true in minor league cities. I live in Rochester, NY (home of the Red Wings). Red Wings new team-spec (Russell's coolbase equivalent) jerseys are $246 at the team store. But they have game-used jerseys in the back for $75 and $100. 

Good luck!  

MLB Unveils 2019 Holiday, All-Star Caps and Uniforms

April 12, 2019 - 16:31 PM

It’s like the excitement of Opening Day all over again! This afternoon, Major League Baseball released 180(!) new caps, that’s six caps for each of the 30 teams in the league, that will be worn throughout the 2019 season in […]

Read More...

Archived