MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

CzIPiwx.jpgThe Twins have been using yellow, Royal, powder and light red on their promotional material and at Target field this year and it's bugging the hell out of me. Hopefully not a sign of things to come

That matches the social media graphics package their using this year. I don’t think it looks good at all, but I also don’t imagine it will be for anything more than this year.

aYy1m07.jpg

Notably to me with the Twins even in the new graphics package they still use the borderless TC instead of the mustard-trim TC. 

So even though they killed the best Twins uniform for another terrible uniform to push the mustard into the color identity, they're not ballsy enough to just fully commit all the way. So we're left with a bunch of mismatched and inconsistent logos. Their branding people have no idea what they're doing.

16 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The Cardinals aren’t wearing their blue caps and belts against the Reds tonight in Mexico and that makes me sad. 

Nor their Saturday Powder Blues. My guess is, with it being a quick 2-game series in Mexico and then off to Milwaukee, they just decided to pack light.

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

Nor their Saturday Powder Blues. My guess is, with it being a quick 2-game series in Mexico and then off to Milwaukee, they just decided to pack light.

Oh yeah...I forgot about the powder blues already. You’re probably right about them not wanting to pack extra caps, although I still think they packthe wrong ones most of the time on the road anyway

On 4/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, AstroBull21 said:

Mothers day hat isnt bad.but throwbacks for July 4th?

The all star workout and game hats arent bad, but the jerseys are sleeveless?

Only the workout jerseys are sleeveless, and it’s not the first time for that. The ASG is white/gray.

1 hour ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Is there any other team other than the Padres back to brown rumored to change next year. Like Milwaukee to royal or Philly to Maroon/Light Blue not just as alts?

The Brewers have been rumored to change for most of the decade at this point.

1 hour ago, zigbazah said:

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg

2cnt4xj.jpg

Definitely the white script. I'd prefer the numbers be white too. It'd look more like the original, but with better legibility.

8 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

Is there any other team other than the Padres back to brown rumored to change next year. Like Milwaukee to royal or Philly to Maroon/Light Blue not just as alts?

Brewers rumors happen every year, and never come true. 

Slight tangent; I’m confident that the Brewers will indeed be changing pretty soon, but it won’t be to royal. 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to believe navy and yellow is the direction for the Brewers to go into the future.  Royal and yellow is nice, but navy wouldn't symbolically erase the accomplishments of the Miller Park-era Brewers teams, which have actually been to the playoffs more than the original BiG era clubs at this point (granted it was much more difficult to even make the playoffs in that era).  

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've come to believe navy and yellow is the direction for the Brewers to go into the future.  Royal and yellow is nice, but navy wouldn't symbolically erase the accomplishments of the Miller Park-era Brewers teams, which have actually been to the playoffs more than the original BiG era clubs at this point (granted it was much more difficult to even make the playoffs in that era).  

The Brewers haven't accomplished anything significant in those uniforms, and they will always be associated with Ryan Fraud.

As soon as his contract is up, they should go back to their World Series royal blue and yellow full-time and finally ditch the Ryan Fraud era uniforms forever.

18 minutes ago, daveindc said:

The Brewers haven't accomplished anything significant in those uniforms, and they will always be associated with Ryan Fraud.

As soon as his contract is up, they should go back to their World Series royal blue and yellow full-time and finally ditch the Ryan Fraud era uniforms forever.

I'm talking about keeping navy blue, not the uniforms themselves. But if you think last year was "nothing," then you're obviously not a fan.

I also imagine you're a real blast at parties.

Archived