MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodgers Throwback Uniforms, Everyone in 42 for Jackie Robinson Day 2019

April 15, 2019 - 16:20 PM

Today is Jackie Robinson Day across Major League Baseball, an annual celebration of the anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the colour barrier when he made his début with the Brooklyn Dodgers on April 15, 1947. Since the 2009 season, every […]

Read More...

Isn’t this the design they used after the Boston Marathon bombing? It was thrown together quickly then. It has sort of become a tradition now, and I don’t think it will change. 

21 hours ago, zigbazah said:

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg

2cnt4xj.jpg

Keep the white script/blue front number jersey and bring back the powder blue cap. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

Isn’t this the design they used after the Boston Marathon bombing? It was thrown together quickly then. It has sort of become a tradition now, and I don’t think it will change. 

This is correct, it was done in less than 24 hours so not enough time to put the proper letters on the front of the jersey and now that is the way it will be remembered especially after David Ortiz’s “this is our :censored:ing city” speech. 

21 hours ago, zigbazah said:

Do you all prefer the Royals script in royal or white on the powder blue jersey?

2ljma78.jpg   2cnt4xj.jpg

I usually love contrasting front numbers.  (Marlins; Orioles.)  But on the powder blue Royals jerseys all the lettering should be white, and with no outline.

s-l1600.jpg

The Royals are the only team that should use powder blue.  And it goes without saying that this is a road uniform, and that the pants ought to be powder blue also.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

47 minutes ago, dont care said:

This is correct, it was done in less than 24 hours so not enough time to put the proper letters on the front of the jersey and now that is the way it will be remembered especially after David Ortiz’s “this is our :censored:ing city” speech. 

They could have easily taken letters off road jerseys if they wanted.  Not sure it was any easier to do it this way. 

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They could have easily taken letters off road jerseys if they wanted.  Not sure it was any easier to do it this way. 

The letters probably wouldn’t have looked as clean, cutting new letters was probably better, and helps distinguish them from both the regular homes and aways.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I usually love contrasting front numbers.  (Marlins; Orioles.)  But on the powder blue Royals jerseys all the lettering should be white, and with no outline.

s-l1600.jpg

The Royals are the only team that should use powder blue.  And it goes without saying that this is a road uniform, and that the pants ought to be powder blue also.

I think the Brewers have a pretty strong argument against that.

I also like the white outlined in blue better... I think it falls into the same category with all the changes the Brewers made to the original 1982s with their fauxback.

35 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Whatever the Brewers do, they need to get rid of the white outline on the sleeve logo.  Looks like a bad craft project job.

You mean this one?

la-1555171960-sg3b8jvor6-snap-image

Sure, since nothing else on this jersey has a white outline.  But still, that's probably the smallest problem with this look.

8 hours ago, NicDB said:

I'm talking about keeping navy blue, not the uniforms themselves. But if you think last year was "nothing," then you're obviously not a fan.

I also imagine you're a real blast at parties.

lol. No, I'm not a Brewers fan. I do remember the Brewers regularly wearing their gorgeous royal blue and yellow throwbacks right before the playoffs started, then completely ditching them for the navy and gold that they failed in.

Maybe if they had kept wearing these winning colors into the playoffs, like most people seemed to have wanted, they would've accomplished something!

29 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Did MLB and New Era actually get the Brooklyn logo right?

MLB fixed its digital Cooperstown Collection file a couple years back to correct the bad "B", and New Era has been slowly phasing out their Bakersfield Dodgers "B" over the past year or so.

Worth pointing out, though. that the cap pictured is not the same as the one MLB and New Era are currently offering for sale.

The cap in Chris's graphic has the 1940s logo, 

la-1555274577-obox9izxek-snap-image?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjkzMDkyfGltYWd

It was available earlier this year, but is now out of stock.

On the online shop, they're selling the 1955 logo.

Robinson%20Jackie%203102-93_Bat_CSU.jpg?itok=iTmS0Jwj?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8Mjk5MTcwfGltYWd

I wonder which one the Dodgers will actually wear?

39 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

MLB fixed its digital Cooperstown Collection file a couple years back to correct the bad "B", and New Era has been slowly phasing out their Bakersfield Dodgers "B" over the past year or so.

Worth pointing out, though. that the cap pictured is not the same as the one MLB and New Era are currently offering for sale.

The cap in Chris's graphic has the 1940s logo, 

la-1555274577-obox9izxek-snap-image?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjkzMDkyfGltYWd

It was available earlier this year, but is now out of stock.

On the online shop, they're selling the 1955 logo.

Robinson%20Jackie%203102-93_Bat_CSU.jpg?itok=iTmS0Jwj?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8Mjk5MTcwfGltYWd

I wonder which one the Dodgers will actually wear?

They’ll be wearing the one with the ‘40s logo and white squatchee:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Dodgers need to be wearing those thicker numbers right now. That's the proper width for non-outlined numbers. What they wear now is too thin without the white outline to balance it. C'mon, if they can have the right numbers for Jackie Robinson Day, why can't they have the right numbers every game? Seems like a relatively simple off-season fix.

Archived