Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

MLB 2019 Changes

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

 

vzqIHYN.png

 

D5xbnajWwAE-2NH.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Pineda is wearing the Twins gold home cap on the road vs the Yankees today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two games into the Reds throwbacks, and I am really liking it. Should be fun to watch as the season goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, Brandon9485 said:

Blue vs blue?

 

There really should be a rule against this. Different shades of blue or not, it looks bad.

 

MLB would benefit by requiring teams to announce their uniform schedule before a series begins, and adjusting to avoid this.


I really don't mind color vs color matchups, but this one was painful to watch.  Not nearly enough contrast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 11:14 PM, Brandon9485 said:

MLB would benefit by requiring teams to announce their uniform schedule before a series begins, and adjusting to avoid this.

I feel like this wouldn't help as many home teams already know what they're wearing ahead of time and the road teams still don't usually do anything to prevent the clash of colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, Brandon9485 said:

Blue vs blue?

 

There really should be a rule against this. Different shades of blue or not, it looks bad.

 

MLB would benefit by requiring teams to announce their uniform schedule before a series begins, and adjusting to avoid this.

I'd take a step further just to be sure. Only one team can wear an alt...let the home team decide and if it wears an alt, the road team must wear a primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I feel like this wouldn't help as many home teams already know what they're wearing ahead of time and the road teams still don't usually do anything to prevent the clash of colors.

Maybe teams should decide their home uniform schedule before the season starts and then road teams can prepare accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Maybe teams should decide their home uniform schedule before the season starts and then road teams can prepare accordingly.

A lot of teams I believe leave the choice of uniform up to the starting pitcher. And if a team starts winning in that jersey they normally wear it then until they lose. And they can wear an alternative jersey too much. Consider the White Sox. Beautiful road grey uniform but has not been worn once this year on the road as the black top has been only worn. I like the black top. But I'm sick of seeing it every road game and at half of the home games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I feel like this wouldn't help as many home teams already know what they're wearing ahead of time and the road teams still don't usually do anything to prevent the clash of colors.

 

If there was a rule, the home team would have to announce and the road team would not be allowed to wear a jersey of the same color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are maybe a handful of games in a season out of thousands where this happens. Same thing with the special event uniforms that teams will wear for one series.

 

This is a non-issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pauly said:

A lot of teams I believe leave the choice of uniform up to the starting pitcher. And if a team starts winning in that jersey they normally wear it then until they lose. And they can wear an alternative jersey too much. Consider the White Sox. Beautiful road grey uniform but has not been worn once this year on the road as the black top has been only worn. I like the black top. But I'm sick of seeing it every road game and at half of the home games.


The Brewers have the opposite problem.  Their colored tops and their fauxbacks are the only time they don't look completely ridiculous.  Especially since they removed the piping from their pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pauly said:

A lot of teams I believe leave the choice of uniform up to the starting pitcher.

 

Solution: stop doing that.

 

 

1 hour ago, Brandon9485 said:

If there was a rule, the home team would have to announce and the road team would not be allowed to wear a jersey of the same color. 

 

This is the kind of rule that exists in soccer leagues around the world.  Visiting teams have even been forced to change on the spot in order to avoid a colour clash.  Major League Baseball should definitely adopt a similar rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing.

 

Even leaving it up to the starting pitcher? There's PLENTY of time for the visitors to adapt, as they travel with a grey set+one other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Here's the thing.

 

Even leaving it up to the starting pitcher? There's PLENTY of time for the visitors to adapt, as they travel with a grey set+one other.

I was thinking that, too.  If they only want to travel with one set to save on lugging stuff around, then bring the gray.  But most trips are made with at least two sets and I think MLB teams are flexible enough to adapt to a choice made hours before the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Maybe teams should decide their home uniform schedule before the season starts and then road teams can prepare accordingly.

 

6 hours ago, Pauly said:

A lot of teams I believe leave the choice of uniform up to the starting pitcher. And if a team starts winning in that jersey they normally wear it then until they lose. And they can wear an alternative jersey too much. Consider the White Sox. Beautiful road grey uniform but has not been worn once this year on the road as the black top has been only worn. I like the black top. But I'm sick of seeing it every road game and at half of the home games.


This also applies to Cleveland, Miami, and Toronto as well.  Especially Miami.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a team should wear an alternate more than 54 times a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NicDB said:

The Brewers have the opposite problem.  Their colored tops and their fauxbacks are the only time they don't look completely ridiculous.  Especially since they removed the piping from their pants.

 

And the Brewers know it; they’ve been wearing their throwbacks more this year (sometimes for entire weekend homestands), and the formerly-road alternate has been adopted for home use and sure seems to be their default home look.  I haven’t seen a log, but would be shocked if they’re not wearing it more at Miller Park than they are the white “primaries”.

 

Another reason why I think they’re moving towards the navy Ball-in-Glove logo as the new primary.  It’s the de facto primary now anyway. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...I think it's only a matter of time before the BiG becomes the primary.  As much as I don't like the "M," though, I consider it a loss if they stay with the navy/gold color scheme...which I think is a near certainty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Maybe teams should decide their home uniform schedule before the season starts and then road teams can prepare accordingly.

This is what my point was. Many teams have their uniforms already scheduled and the road team doesn't ever seem to care anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this