MLB 2019 Changes

13 hours ago, tohasbo said:

This also applies to Cleveland, Miami, and Toronto as well.  Especially Miami.  

The Marlins no longer wear their black alternates more than their home whites or road grays. This is a running fallacy for a couple of seasons now (though I do understand where the mistake comes from). They only wear their black alternates on Fridays and Saturdays, Monday through Thursday is now always white or gray. This has been consistent for both 2018 and 2019.

Looking back at 2018 they even wore them less than that because if the home team wore black jerseys on a Friday or Saturday (such as Pirates and Orioles) then the Marlins would wear their grays so at least they purposely kept away from black vs black.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And the Brewers know it; they’ve been wearing their throwbacks more this year (sometimes for entire weekend homestands), and the formerly-road alternate has been adopted for home use and sure seems to be their default home look.  I haven’t seen a log, but would be shocked if they’re not wearing it more at Miller Park than they are the white “primaries”.

Another reason why I think they’re moving towards the navy Ball-in-Glove logo as the new primary.  It’s the de facto primary now anyway. 

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Yeah...I think it's only a matter of time before the BiG becomes the primary.  As much as I don't like the "M," though, I consider it a loss if they stay with the navy/gold color scheme...which I think is a near certainty.

After seeing all that great looking postseason gear from last year, I'm actually on board with navy and yellow.  I just hope they don't try to cling to the scripts and numbers.

7 minutes ago, NicDB said:

After seeing all that great looking postseason gear from last year, I'm actually on board with navy and yellow.  I just hope they don't try to cling to the scripts and numbers.

:blink:

I hadn't even thought they'd consider that.

Well, you can just rock me to sleep tonight.

49 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I like that in MLB teams can wear whatever they want whenever they feel like.  I don't want MLB to become dull and boring like the NFL where you have to obey stupid uniform rules.  

I think I'd rather them be closer to the NFL than... I don't know, the NBA? To me, it's about valuing your brand and when you wear several different uniforms, that devalues it in a way.

Maybe it's wrong or not the right choice of words, but that's how I feel.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

:blink:

I hadn't even thought they'd consider that.

Well, you can just rock me to sleep tonight.

If it helps, as much as people in this forum know the current scripts aren't based on Miller's branding, it is commonly associated as such.  And with Miller no longer being the primary sponsor of the Brewers stadium, I'd be surprised if they kept them around.

I’m sorry but losing the M and the scripts would be the worst option for the brewers. Their current set isn’t perfect but it’s the nicest they worn and I hope they keep most of it intact, the BiG logo doesn’t even fit the main brand anyway.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And the Brewers know it; they’ve been wearing their throwbacks more this year (sometimes for entire weekend homestands), and the formerly-road alternate has been adopted for home use and sure seems to be their default home look.  I haven’t seen a log, but would be shocked if they’re not wearing it more at Miller Park than they are the white “primaries”.

Hadn't seen this until now:

So in their first 22 home games, the Brewers wore this combination twice.

636678173635967032-USP-MLB-Los-Angeles-D

Now I want to know how many times they wore this.  

Milwaukee-Brewers.jpg

I'm guessing it's a lot less than they've worn either of these two uniforms.

636513631366378599-GAN-20170901-tdc-bs5-USATSI_9277223.jpg

They're changing.

2 hours ago, NicDB said:

If it helps, as much as people in this forum know the current scripts aren't based on Miller's branding, it is commonly associated as such.  And with Miller no longer being the primary sponsor of the Brewers stadium, I'd be surprised if they kept them around.

I’ve always thought that a particularly silly complaint, but if it helps us get rid of the awful uniforms, I’m suddenly all for it. :D 

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Now I want to know how many times they wore this.  

Milwaukee-Brewers.jpg

I'm guessing it's a lot less than they've worn either of these two uniforms.

636513631366378599-GAN-20170901-tdc-bs5-USATSI_9277223.jpg

They're changing.

According to this sites uniform tracker, they've worn the navy "Milwaukee" jersey 10 times at home (and at home only), the navy "Brewers" jersey 3 times at home (10 on the road), and the throwback alt 7 times. So in their 37 games played so far this season, they've worn their "primary" jersey 7 times. 2 times at home, 5 times on the road.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Hadn't seen this until now:

So in their first 22 home games, the Brewers wore this combination twice.

636678173635967032-USP-MLB-Los-Angeles-D

Honestly, that looks like one for the "wrong uniforms" thread to me.  And yet its been the Brewers "primary" uniform since hes been with the team.

21 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Yeah...I think it's only a matter of time before the BiG becomes the primary.  As much as I don't like the "M," though, I consider it a loss if they stay with the navy/gold color scheme...which I think is a near certainty.

That's my biggest gripe. Although I like the BiG, if they wanted to stay with the current M, I'd be okay with it. However, they should be royal and athletic gold.

21 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I think I'd rather them be closer to the NFL than... I don't know, the NBA? To me, it's about valuing your brand and when you wear several different uniforms, that devalues it in a way.

Maybe it's wrong or not the right choice of words, but that's how I feel.

Baseball is the only sport where both teams don't collide or intermingle on the field like Football, Soccer, Basketball or Hockey.   So if they are both wearing colored uniforms its not as much of a problem as if in an NFL game the Giants wore their blue jerseys vs the patriots in their navy jerseys in an NFL game.   In the 2016 World Series I had no problem being able to tell who were the Indians or Cubs even though they both wore colored tops. 

The Brewers are in an interesting spot. Their current set is not all that bad whereas their throwbacks are not all that great (the jerseys/wordmarks are rather generic in that 70s/80s set). I'd like to see them utilize gold more prominently in whatever they do next, but I'm also someone who thinks that blue and navy blue are much too ubiquitous in MLB.

1 hour ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Baseball is the only sport where both teams don't collide or intermingle on the field like Football, Soccer, Basketball or Hockey.   So if they are both wearing colored uniforms its not as much of a problem as if in an NFL game the Giants wore their blue jerseys vs the patriots in their navy jerseys in an NFL game.   In the 2016 World Series I had no problem being able to tell who were the Indians or Cubs even though they both wore colored tops. 

Well there's cricket too, but point made.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

44 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

The Brewers are in an interesting spot. Their current set is not all that bad whereas their throwbacks are not all that great (the jerseys/wordmarks are rather generic in that 70s/80s set). I'd like to see them utilize gold more prominently in whatever they do next, but I'm also someone who thinks that blue and navy blue are much too ubiquitous in MLB.

Blue is Milwaukee's sporting color, though, and has been for over a hundred years.  Even the Bucks recently added it.  Not to mention that they're the True Blue Brew Crew.  Ditching blue is about the only thing they cannot do.

Archived