MLB 2019 Changes

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'll go to my grave (and take anyone that disagrees with me) shouting that the authentic road jersey with the green trim was beautiful when viewed in person.  Someone in my high school was related to a player and wore his jersey one day, and I was blown away by how good it looked up close.  May not have translated as well on UHF TV, but damn if it didn't give little Vet a boner (though maybe that was from Stacey since she sat behind him, but either way.) 

I've said for a long time that I actually enjoyed the green trim, and it was a mistake to go away from the Motre Bame look as quickly as they did.  It would have aged much better than the current look and wouldn't be associated solely with the painful final days of County Stadium.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wah wah wah it has no explicit connection to the making of beer 

People from Wisconsin like it anyway, give the people what they want. It has an implicit connection to the making of beer, which is that everything in the vicinity of the Brewers' ballpark reeks of beer. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

59 minutes ago, the admiral said:

wah wah wah it has no explicit connection to the making of beer 

People from Wisconsin like it anyway, give the people what they want. It has an implicit connection to the making of beer, which is that everything in the vicinity of the Brewers' ballpark reeks of beer. 

I think the fact that it's literally across the valley from Miller Brewery has just a little bit to do with that. ;)

Phillies will be wearing a DPM patch starting on Monday for chairman David Montgomery. No look at it yet. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I think the fact that it's literally across the valley from Miller Brewery has just a little bit to do with that. ;)

Oh, I'm well aware of why, it just used to nauseate me every time I came into town on 43 to 94 or whatever it was. I hate beer.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Oh, I'm well aware of why, it just used to nauseate me every time I came into town on 43 to 94 or whatever it was. I hate beer.

I suppose malted yeast would be one of those smells that hits you the wrong way if you're not a local who grew up with it.

8 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

For the second time this season, the Astros are wearing their navy alternate uniform. Normally the wear it with the orange crowned hat:

943436386.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=915

When they wore it the first time, they wore it with their regular home hat:

josh-james-of-the-houston-astros-pitches

And tonight, they're wearing their road hat with it:

I like the road cap beat with that jersey, it balances the colors perfectly

2 minutes ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

This was mentioned on Uni-Watch, however the Braves started this season wearing their navy alternate with their alternate navy only striping road pants:

ozzie-albies-of-the-atlanta-braves-bats-

However recently Vs. the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, they used their normal road pants:

max-fried-of-the-atlanta-braves-pitches-

Same with these pants, the piping goes great with the red numbers.

3 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

For the second time this season, the Astros are wearing their navy alternate uniform. Normally they wear it with the orange crowned hat:

943436386.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=915

When they wore it the first time, they wore it with their regular home hat:

josh-james-of-the-houston-astros-pitches

And tonight, they're wearing their road hat with it:

I like that the Astros are incorporating the tequila sunrise, but when will people finally wise up to the fact that side panels on baseball jerseys never ever ever ever ever ever look good?

All MLB Teams Wearing Pink Caps, Ribbons and More Today for Mother’s Day

May 12, 2019 - 15:02 PM

To help celebrate moms everywhere, all thirty Major League Baseball clubs will be wearing commemorative caps, patches, socks, and more for today’s Mother’s Day games. This mark’s the fourth season that the league has had clubs wear a different cap […]

Read More...

On 5/10/2019 at 10:42 PM, NicDB said:

I suppose malted yeast would be one of those smells that hits you the wrong way if you're not a local who grew up with it.

I went to middle school down the street from the Budweiser plant in Van Nuys CA.  That's a smell you don't forget!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The Brewers every year are the only team to create matching helmets for these special occasion caps. They've done this multiple times. I wonder why they do it and/or why no one else does it.

Cuz it's just one more color variation for the team [/sarcasm]

It's where I sit.

Archived