MLB Statement Series by Pinch Designer (Tigers 4/15)

coco1997

Heading to “The North,” it’s the Blue Jays paying homage to the 1952 Toronto Maple Leafs (road)

C3941-E4-F-C555-4-A26-B4-ED-7-F08-B9-FD9

And the amazing Toronto Flag concept by Trevor Davson 

624848-C6-77-F6-4090-ACA7-CF9-B619-E564-

Toronto’s New Flag - By Filament - Medium

Voilà, the Blue Jays and their ‘Statement’ jersey:

Blue-Jays-NIKE.png

C&C always appreciated.

(as I did last time, a big ‘thank you’ goes to @Discrimihater for being so gracious in letting me use his awesome ‘Toronto’ script wordmark. I find any excuse to use it, thanks!)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

This draws heavily on the later Cal Ripken Jr era in Baltimore. I remember loving some of the early black alternate jerseys in that era with the big outlines so this is meant to evoke that. I'm always a fan of going monochrome instead of wearing a softball top so I went with black pants. To balance out the look we have orange undersleeves, an orange front cap panel, and color reversed classic socks. 

C&C as always! Enjoy!

zdxbEhw.png

Time for the Yankees!

The Yankees are one of the most difficult teams to approach to when it comes to special edition designs such as this Statement Series. They’ve been using almost the same design for more than a hundred years, and it has become the most iconic and distinct look in baseball; their fans love it and their rivals fear it.
This design tradition is probably the main reason why the Bronx Bombers remain one of the few teams without alternate jerseys. 
Nonetheless, in 1996 the team found an alternative, going for a 1934 throwback Black Yankees design. That is why I have decided to bring back that iconic look, with the "Yankees" wordmark on the front, a navy blue melange pattern, and simple white piping, as well as a navy cap with white soutache.

w2N21F2.png

Next, we have the rival Red Sox:

We decided to keep things fairly simple for this design. We figured the biggest statement the Red Sox could make would be by having their "hanging socks" logo be the most prominent aspect of the set, accompanied with the 1970's throwback socks to stand out from their everyday all-red look. The striping of the jersey is intended to match these socks, with the main inspiration coming from @SFGiants58’s navy alternate look. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

eGaszYj.png

We've now reached the midway point of this series, so let's start with the new division and a new team, the San Diego Padres!

Funny story...Months ago I came up with a completely different design for San Diego, one that actually wound up looking pretty similar to the Padres new uniforms. After the team's dramatic new look was unveiled earlier this month, I knew I had to go in another direction, and what I came up with is essentially a modernization of the Padres' 1978 home and road alternate, bringing back the "Taco Bell" cap design and emphasizing gold over brown. C&C appreciated!

Padres-2-0-straight-wordmark.png

As a bonus, I've made yet another tweak to my Rays design, and this one I can finally say with confidence I'm happy with. Even though the Rays' hunter green look was my personal favorite of theirs, I had to accept that the Rays would probably not pay homage to the worst period in team history, so I decided instead to play up the teams' two current secondary colors of sky blue and yellow, using navy only as a trim color. Let me know what you think!

Rays-NIKE-5-0.png

On 11/28/2019 at 8:26 PM, NicDB said:

The gradient on the numbers should go top to bottom.  Otherwise you'd need potentially three different versions of each number.

Good catch! Here's an updated version of the numbers. The gradient also starts with purple and ends with light green, which works better, IMO. 

Rays-NIKE-5-0.png

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Good catch! Here's an updated version of the numbers. The gradient also starts with purple and ends with light green, which works better, IMO. 

Rays-NIKE-5-0.png

How would it look in a purple/blue instead of yellow

maybe something like  Pantone 2735 C

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/2735-C?utm_source=pantone_app&utm_source=web_app&utm_campaign=pantone_app_campaign

Moving up 5,280 feet up to Denver, it’s the Rockies sporting a look embraces their (A) unique color as the only purple MLB team [though I wish the D-Bags would switch to the new Hornets colors plus copper or something🤷🏻‍♂️] (B) love of sleeveless alts (C) state flag logo cap (D) nod to a look that the Nuggets are still trying to get right.  1-E2-D6-ACC-16-DE-4418-8-C01-D19-DE70367

It’s the Colorado Rockies:

Rockies-NIKE-stacked-wordmark-sleeveless
C&C appreciated, thank you.

10 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Moving up 5,280 feet up to Denver, it’s the Rockies sporting a look embraces their (A) unique color as the only purple MLB team [though I wish the D-Bags would switch to the new Hornets colors plus copper or something🤷🏻‍♂️] (B) love of sleeveless alts (C) state flag logo cap (D) nod to a look that the Nuggets are still trying to get right.  1-E2-D6-ACC-16-DE-4418-8-C01-D19-DE70367

It’s the Colorado Rockies:

Rockies-NIKE-stacked-wordmark-sleeveless
C&C appreciated, thank you.

One of my favorites!!!!!

Continuing with a theme of blending eras while keeping an eye on the current aesthetics, for the Giants we've blended the current wordmarks (minus the unnecessary gold), the current road uniform (which is really a take on the '80s design), and the 1932 "Moonlight Graham" look. 

The Statement design is snow white instead of cream and uses orange scripts and black soutache both for the jersey and the cap. 

jRCKaeo.png

Moving to Arizona!

When it comes to the Diamondbacks, there's no easy path. Even after Nike's takeover and the unveiling of their new and tweaked uniforms, the team still has a problem: they can't descide between sand or teal as tertiary colour. But, given the club's original look, and Nike's current design trends, I have decided to go for the first.
The DBacks design features the "New Orchid" purple shade, using teal for the details and logos, as a modern tribute to the team's roots and their 2001 World Series.

L1sv22N.png

Archived