MLB Statement Series by Pinch Designer (Tigers 4/15)

coco1997

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We begin another division today with the NL East and the Philadelphia Phillies.

The inspiration for my Phillies design came from @jn8's excellent hand-drawn concept (check out his entire thread if you haven't already). I really like the distinctive shade of Phanatic lime green and feel it complements the Philly red really nicely. With the Phanatic face as the sleeve patch, the sleeve numbers get bumped to the front of the jersey. C&C appreciated! 

Phillies-NIKE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another team changing up their color scheme in the NL East is the Atlanta Braves. Inspired by Atlanta United FC’s “King Peach” kit,1-BABB39-F-4-A57-4848-9-C51-7-B92-E09783in a look sure to satisfy any fan of the local R&B quartet 112,FBBC8-A37-34-D0-4-CE0-AA7-C-A24346-FA55-it’s the Atlanta Braves making a Statment with their Signature look.DE06-BDDB-7-B99-4-ACC-8-A8-E-DFB2-DD01-DPresenting the “Peaches & Cream” Statement uniform:

Braves-NIKE.png
C&C appreciated.

Disclaimer: While similar to @HuntTheJones’ fantastic Atlanta Peaches concept posted a couple of months ago, this design was actually conceived a few months prior (i.e. any similarities are purely coincidental, but also cool).

On 12/29/2019 at 1:53 PM, jaytavo305 said:

The braves set is pure beauty, the green and orange just work so well together

Thank you so much.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:08 PM, NicDB said:

That Braves set works in a way it has absolutely no business working so well. Even that abstract feather seems like it belongs there to represent a stem leaf.

😄it started off as an accident, I originally intended to have a single green outline representing a leaf, but @coco1997 accidentally colored it green and after a few tweaks, we had it down. I’m very proud of this one.

8 hours ago, mvk said:

How would it look with cream instead of white to go full on “Peaches & Cream”?

“Ask, and it shall be given you”(Mat 7:7)

Braves-NIKE-cream.png

• 2 weeks later...

New Year, New Set!

Here the Marlins go back to their roots. 

Arguably their best look came from their 1997 title run which featured teal pinstriped vests with black undershirts. That template has been adapted to the Marlins current motif. I made some tweaks to the cap logo since the black on black just doesn't show up well at all. Colors are switched to blue as well since it just pops much better than the black.

C&C as always! Enjoy!

EAIvdDJ.png

Imho the Marlins are soon becoming the Padres East in terms of aesthetic insecurity...im glad you're taking it on, which given that insecurity makes it hard to do something fitting for them. As For this concept, id be curious what it'd look like to swap the sky blue for the same teal as the pinstripes. Great work! 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:11 AM, Victormrey said:

Moving to Arizona!

When it comes to the Diamondbacks, there's no easy path. Even after Nike's takeover and the unveiling of their new and tweaked uniforms, the team still has a problem: they can't descide between sand or teal as tertiary colour. But, given the club's original look, and Nike's current design trends, I have decided to go for the first.
The DBacks design features the "New Orchid" purple shade, using teal for the details and logos, as a modern tribute to the team's roots and their 2001 World Series.

L1sv22N.png

Woooooaaaaaah, these should be their colors full time. Ditch the red. Back comes the purple. Easily my favorite of the group, but I like them all.

Moving up to Washington DC!

For the team from the capital city of the United States I wanted to go a very American and patriotic path. Therefore, the uniform uses the 13 stripes from the flag on each sleeve, as well as the white stars on navy for the socks.
The design is complete with 3D styled logos and numbers, a nod to the Washington Senators uniforms of the 1950s, originally created by @MJD7.

373axZo.png

Archived