MLB Statement Series by Pinch Designer (Tigers 4/15)

coco1997

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up in the NL East we have the New York Mets!

This is a style of jersey I've wanted to try for the Mets for a long time, the coloring of the logo, wordmark, and numbers is inspired by the Port St. Lucie Mets, and the striping follows suit. The socks further the motif of keeping the blue and orange separate.

ebBP2LP.png

Let us know what you think!

• 2 weeks later...

I would flip the gold and silver of the TC on the hat. It would match the sleeve logo, as well as stand out a little better from the piping on the hat! 

This is a great look tho! I love the yellow lettering and numbers. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

In addition to giving homage to Prince with the two-toned purple, there's a connection to the Vikings with the gold (and Prince, too, since gold was a color he wore a lot).  

These have been fantastic!  My favorites so far are the Angels, the teal and pink Marlins and the peaches and cream Braves.  Can't wait to see more!

On 2/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, thaipod said:

In addition to giving homage to Prince with the two-toned purple, there's a connection to the Vikings with the gold

That's a great observation!

On 2/7/2020 at 12:26 PM, chcarlson23 said:

I would flip the gold and silver of the TC on the hat. It would match the sleeve logo, as well as stand out a little better from the piping on the hat! 

The "silver" is actually the same shade of lavender used throughout the rest of the design. I agree the cap logo looks better with the colors flipped. Good call!

Twins-3-0.png

• 2 weeks later...

On to Chicago, I wanted to give them a look that could introduce a few things missing from their current set like (A) White socks and (B) ‘White Sox’ across the chest. I used the style of the 1982-86 set in order to force management’s hand and have them scrap that terrible throwback (seriously, that look must be adored by someone within the organization with high rank...and poor taste🤷🏻‍♂️)

The Chicago White Sox Statement Uniform:

White-Sox-NIKE-w-glimmer-effect.png
Note: I wanted to give them an AFL-Raiders kinda look. Why? Just cause. Also, shoutout to the entire crew ( @MJD7 , @Carolingian Steamroller ), it was definitely a team effort and especially @coco1997 and @Victormrey for the metallic finish.

C&C appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

CLEVELAND INDIANS

Nothing too mind blowing here. I figured the blood clot uniform was the most distinctive design the Tribe have had and therefore the best path to go short of a total tear down. I really hate the "Caveman" script (both aesthetically and what it calling it "caveman" says about the sophistication of indigenous Americans), so I've opted for the traditional block which I think blend nicely with the cap logo and doesn't turn an already loud design up to 11. 

jVlpWPF.png

• 3 weeks later...

After a short halt, it's time to move on to Kansas City!

For the Royals I decided to go for a gradient as main design element, a design resource often used by sport brands nowadays, specially by Nike. The gradient pattern goes from the classic baby blue, a colour linked with the team's history, to the royal purple, seeking to show, in a modern way, the royalty vibe the club have.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Victormrey said:

After a short halt, it's time to move on to Kansas City!

For the Royals I decided to go for a gradient as main design element, a design resource often used by sport brands nowadays, specially by Nike. The gradient pattern goes from the classic baby blue, a colour linked with the team's history, to the royal purple, seeking to show, in a modern way, the royalty vibe the club have.

spacer.png

That shade of blue is very serene. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived