NBA Concept Chronicles: Los Angeles Lakers Added

AgentOfShield

I love the suns logo update. I agree that since their name is literally the “Suns,” they should be brighter with less black. For the Celtics, the Red Sox themed uniform is good but I can’t really see it working. I don’t even like their leaked city uniforms for this season (they are blue) because I’ve only every known them as a green team. However, I think it’s a cool idea at least and your reasoning reminds me how much the Boston teams support each other with their similar winning culture, I think that’s cool.

Few small things I think could use some cleaning up:

Brooklyn: Try using that new font on the baselines. It’s funky enough to work

Philadelphia: Their small detail of having 4 stars on one side and 3 on the other is a great detail for fans

Phoenix: The third logo would look a lot better with the details of the basketball

Boston, New York and Toronto are amazing. Loving the navy for the Knicks and the Red Sox themed alt for Boston

• 2 weeks later...

Presenting now, the Los Angeles Lakers!

spacer.png

I cleaned up and updated their logo and based it from their jersey wordmarks. My concept jersey for the Lakers is inspired by multiple eras. The neck and piping is from the Showtime era, the side panels and wordmark from Kobe's time, while the number colors and drop shadow are mixed from the Jerry West era and present uniforms. I used the Old Los Angeles wordmark for their white alt jerseys, similar from NBA Project 32. In their 4th jersey, I used the 60's blue uniforms with the current "Lakers" wordmark.

spacer.png

Up next is the Sacramento Kings!

• AgentOfShield changed the title to NBA Concept Chronicles: Los Angeles Lakers Added

The primary logo is a downgrade from the current (the way the wordmark just looks uneven on the ball is weird), but the LA* logo is fantastic. That LA* should find it's way onto the court or apron or somewhere.

Jerseys look good too. A court with yellow keys (like the Forum) might be pretty interesting. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I too think the primary logo is a downgrade. It just lacks character in any way. Maybe bring back the horizontal lines, but clean them up a bit? I know it doesn't necessarily match the uniform wordmark anymore, but I think that's okay. My two cents. Good work on the uniforms. The blue one is great.

Archived