NBA Concept Chronicles: Los Angeles Lakers Added

AgentOfShield

Around 5 years ago, I discovered this site because of this thread. NBA Project 32. Years later, I feel that I finally have enough skills to present my own concepts. Thank you SFGiants58, this thread is inspired by yours. 

Completed teams:

Here it is, presenting first, the reigning champions Toronto Raptors!

spacer.png

My concept for the Raptors is to get inspiration from their Bosh era identity with their current look. I don't like the Raptors current block font so I replaced it with a sharp font. I changed their color scheme from Red/Black to Red/Purple. A darker shade of purple compared to their previous one, the often called Barney look. Red and purple is a unique color scheme in sports. Their 4th jersey is inspired by their original set, with Drake colors.

spacer.png

Up next, is the New York Knicks!

Dang, I really like your presentation. The return to purple-red is a great look, as was the decision to darken the purple. For the Drake-inspired jersey, I wonder if a white outline of the black letters would help that and the numbers stand out more. It'd then be black lettering with a white outline and then a gold outline around that for the "Raptors" script and then white around the gold number. I'm excited to see more!

Presentation is great, love the colors, all around great work!

Just one nitpick though, on the nike jersey template, the side panels overlap the armhole piping instead of stopping, but thats just a technical nitpick and has nothing to do with the design itself.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

9 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Presentation is great, love the colors, all around great work!

Just one nitpick though, on the nike jersey template, the side panels overlap the armhole piping instead of stopping, but thats just a technical nitpick and has nothing to do with the design itself.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Presenting now, the New York Knicks!

spacer.png

The first change I made for the Knicks is their shade of blue, make it uniform in their logos, court and jerseys. Their current jersey's blue look like this, while their logo's blue is like this. I prefer the Knicks 2001-12 jerseys compared to their current one, so I returned the side panels while retaining their current round neck.  I love the Knicks orange alts, (which they never wore again because their winless with those), so I made their alt jersey orange. I also feel the Knicks should have a jersey with a "Knicks" wordmark. My inspiration for their fourth jersey is their 1980-83 set with the colors from their 70th anniversary logo.

spacer.png

Thanks everyone.. Up next is the Brooklyn Nets!

• AgentOfShield changed the title to NBA Concept Chronicles: New York Knicks Added

Presenting now, the Brooklyn Nets!

spacer.png

The first major change I did is to change their color scheme from black and white to navy and white. I feel that the current font their using is too boring so I changed it to a font that I feel has more character. I based their main jerseys from the Nets' 2016 alternates. Their alternate jersey is a tribute the old Brooklyn Dodgers, using Dodger Blue with the side panels from the Kidd-era uniforms. Their 4th jersey is using the template of the 1997-2009 away jersey with the old Nets wordmark.

spacer.png

Up next is the Philadelphia 76ers!

• AgentOfShield changed the title to NBA Concept Chronicles: Brooklyn Nets Added

These nets concepts are great, but I personally think that you should incorporate the subway theme more

also the b is kinda tacky. Great work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Presenting now, the Philadelphia 76ers!

spacer.png

I already like the Sixers' current identity. So my concept for them is just minor tweaks from their current set. First is to use a "Sixers" wordmark for their home uniforms. Second, I tweaked the wordmarks and changed the drop shadow direction.  I also switched the colors for their away and alt jerseys because historically they wore red away jersey during their most successful era.  For their 4th jersey, I used the Iverson-era uniforms template with their current colors.

spacer.png

Up next is the Boston Celtics!

• AgentOfShield changed the title to NBA Concept Chronicles: Philadelphia 76ers Added

Presenting now, the Boston Celtics!

spacer.png

I feel that the Celtics' home and away jerseys are too iconic to change, so I just recreated the ones they're currently using. I used gold for their alternate jerseys, I didn't like both their black and gray jersey that much. I had fun on their Red Sox inspired jersey. It came into me when I saw an article that the Red Sox held a Celtics Night at Fenway, so I thought what if the Celtics ever held their own Red Sox night.

spacer.png

Up next we're going west for the Phoenix Suns!

• AgentOfShield changed the title to NBA Concept Chronicles: Boston Celtics Added
  • 2 weeks later...

Presenting now, the Phoenix Suns!

spacer.png

The first change I did is the primary logo. I think their current logo has too much black and very vertical. The base I use for their new primary logo is their "PHX" alt logo. I added the Desert Sand from the Arizona Coyotes to their color scheme. The jerseys are inspired by their current set. Using a new font with no beveling, and and arched word mark. Their fourth jersey is a modern update of the 90's era.

spacer.png

Up next is the Los Angeles Lakers!

• AgentOfShield changed the title to NBA Concept Chronicles: Phoenix Suns Added
20 minutes ago, AgentOfShield said:

Presenting now, the Phoenix Suns!

spacer.png

The first change I did is the primary logo. I think their current logo has too much black and very vertical. The base I use for their new primary logo is their "PHX" alt logo. I added the Desert Sand from the Arizona Coyotes to their color scheme. The jerseys are inspired by their current set. Using a new font with no beveling, and and arched word mark. Their fourth jersey is a modern update of the 90's era.

spacer.png

Up next is the Los Angeles Lakers!

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived