NWSL Expansion by mcrosby: Kansas City added 12/25

mcrosby

I like the colours already. As Brian said, the D is kind of hard to make out for what it is. Mile High Athletic sounds like a great name, but we could make it Denver Athletic so that we can still incorporate the D in some way.

4 hours ago, mcrosby said:

NOW I have 4 clubs left + Las Vegas reworks

• Chicago Red Stars
    • I'm still open to other name suggestions
  • Orlando Pride
    • anything better than the fountain? 
  • San Antonio
    • Express isn't really my jam, what else you got? 
  • ABQ/Denver
    • Denver is a decent idea. Denver City is nice, open to anything else. What do you want to see on a logo? 

Honestly, I think a lot of us agree to sticking with the Red Stars name. x3

For the Orlando Pride, the fountain is quite prominent on the city flag, so you could stick with it, or pay homage to the original OCSC crest and have three lionnesses on it. 

San Antonio.... Sting? I remembered the Scorpions before the NASL disbanded, which is a shame... I really liked their logo and such. Mayhaps pay homage to that?

VHj90kn.png

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2019 at 9:27 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

As much as I love this logo, I find the Witch/occult theme unfitting for New England as a whole. That's pretty much localized in the Salem area. I grew up in Greater Boston and never saw anything witchy. I much prefer the Muses/Academics theme, as that is much more spread out through the region.

Au contraire! I've grown up on Mount Hope Bay near RI and a lot of the local towns like Bridgewater and Swansea have histories of occult dealings.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:26 PM, mcrosby said:

This was a late night idea for Washington that does away with the overdone red-white-blue of DC teams and is more in the spirit of the city. The diamond is split by cherry branches and follows the paths of the Potomac and the Anacostia Rivers. on the cherry branch is a wood thrush, official bird of DC. I was going to sharpen up the bird some more, but I sort of like the rough illustration look. 

3VQQI6d.png

dc.jpg

This logo is phenomenal, anytime a state can be worked into a logo I think it’s just the coolest. I do agree the green seems a little off, and the font just doesn’t sit with me.

15 minutes ago, JG36 said:

This logo is phenomenal, anytime a state can be worked into a logo I think it’s just the coolest. I do agree the green seems a little off, and the font just doesn’t sit with me.

The font and thrush have been updated. See the other post. 

That said, if I went with Austin instead of San Antonio (due to how young that city has gotten) what would you call that club?

• Austin Weird FC
  • Austin Bats/Colony FC
  • ?

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

That said, if I went with Austin instead of San Antonio (due to how young that city has gotten) what would you call that club?

• Austin Weird FC
  • Austin Bats/Colony FC
  • ?

Why not go all out on Austin and call the team Vampires FC?

VHj90kn.png

3 hours ago, mcrosby said:

• Austin Weird FC
  • Austin Bats/Colony FC
  • ?

San Antonio Fiesta SC is something I could think of 

Austin Bluebonnet FC? 

Austin Violets FC? - In the late 19th century, Austin was known as the "City of the Violet Crown," because of the colorful glow of light across the hills just after sunset. (Wikipedia)

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

FULL PROJECT HERE. Please go appreciate it on Behance.

Inspiration finally hit for the second Texas club. We've all heard of Austin City Limits, so Austin City already rolls off the tongue. If you've seen my MLS redesigns you know I also have an affinity for armadillos. 

js5bRlb.png

My iteration of the Orlando Pride FC logo is going to lean into one aspect of pride over the other. 

jLhp9pB.png

And here's all 20 clubs: 

JPyvayI.png

• 4 months later...

The merlion is a really cool idea, and really well executed; if we're stuck with lions, then it's that or sea lions!

Also the integration of the mountain and the crown is solid.

Definitely a distinct take and a much more palatable change than the one we got. Good work, as usual!

• 6 months later...

Hmmm. An identity for a Philadelphia-based NWSL club, huh?

The first thing that springs to mind is Glory FC or Philadelphia Glory FC. It's meant as a nod to Philly native Betsy Ross. Team colors would be red, white, blue, and silver; imagery would be based around the so-called "Betsy Ross flag".

While most historians now consider tales of Ross designing and sewing the young country's first national flag to be apocryphal (Francis Hopkinson is known to have designed a pair of early versions of the flag of the United States of America), and the name "Old Glory" to have been bestowed upon the Stars and Stripes in the early 1820s, the legend of Ross designing the banner has become engrained in American culture. As the saying goes, "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."     

Archived