• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liberty Bell FC

Glory FC

Philadelphia Glory FC

Phila FC

Justice FC

Justice Bell FC (a replica of the Liberty Bell called the Justice Bell was cast to promote the Women's Suffrage movement, it is displayed at Valley Forge just outside Philly)

I'm leaning towards Philadelphia Justice FC, with bell imagery. Women's Suffrage propaganda imagery is a really interesting look, but hard to capture in a logo. I'm interested in any thoughts y'all might have. 

Guest darkpiranha

Liberty Bell FC is an all-timer great name.  It says Philadelphia without having to actually say the name of the city.  Iconic.  

I like the idea of a suffrage theme. If it were me, I'd probably revive the Independence name for that. I've never heard of the Justice Bell but it'd be a great symbol for a Philly women's team. You might also look into the suffrage flag.

If you're looking for some additional imagery, maybe you could include stuff to do with the river, like rowboats? Definitely could incorporate the bridge by the stadium if it's a Union sister team.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

Well, the last time KC had women's soccer, the team was simply called Kansas City FC. Not sure where you can go from there. If you’re looking for a crest idea, maybe something involving a sunflower, assuming this team would play in Kansas like SKC?

FC Kansas City was the teams name in the NWSL before being folded and "moved" to Utah.

What about Kansas City United FC/SC? Its one of the few cases using United would make sense (along with Minnesota). I would stay away from the Kansas City Blues because of the St Louis Blues and the Kansas City Blues are an existing Rugby team. Regents and Monarchs seem to close to Royals, although I appreciate the historical context of Monarchs.

1 hour ago, sportsfan7 said:

What about Kansas City United FC/SC? Its one of the few cases using United would make sense (along with Minnesota). I would stay away from the Kansas City Blues because of the St Louis Blues and the Kansas City Blues are an existing Rugby team. Regents and Monarchs seem to close to Royals, although I appreciate the historical context of Monarchs.

No more Uniteds. I kind of liked the closeness of Monarchs/Regents to Royals. Works well with the baseball team, evolves the brand for a 'new' city. 

• 3 weeks later...

Inspired by Heart of Midlothian, FCKC returns with a new brand: Heart of America FC. A KC monogram centers the design, in the same way the Twins use TC without having it in their name. The white and light blue stripes represent the city of fountains well. Let me know what you think of the Blue Hearts. 

081cde87979437.5fe67eda54d91.png

10 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Inspired by Heart of Midlothian, FCKC returns with a new brand: Heart of America FC. A KC monogram centers the design, in the same way the Twins use TC without having it in their name. The white and light blue stripes represent the city of fountains well. Let me know what you think of the Blue Hearts. 

081cde87979437.5fe67eda54d91.png

Good call. I've long thought that a Kansas City-based soccer club should adopt Heart of America as an identity. When rumors first began to circulate about Major League Soccer's Kansas City Wizards reimagining their brand, I'd hoped that they would do it.  

• 10 months later...

Archived