TrueYankee26

Your worst days of your life as a sports fan v2

I haven’t watched it yet, but I imagine one of my worst days as a sports fan will be watching The Last Dance and re-living the Jazz ‘98 Finals loss. 

I have upmost respect for those Bulls teams and totally get the cultural phenomenon behind them, but I have to be honest: being a die-hard fan of the team they legendarily beat twice for MJ’s second swan-song (and seeing that understandably sensationalized over the course of two decades) really sucks sometimes. Oh well, at least they got to be part of a great ride I guess.

I'm pretty young so the list doesnt go that far back, but basically every Kansas basketball tournament loss since 2011 (I even wrote a poem about it for school)

2007 football season (I was only two, but I looked back at the rankings and saw the BCS favoritism of the SEC)

2012 National Championship

2013 vs Michigan (I still hate Trey Burke)

2014 Andrew Wiggins selling vs Stanford

2016 Villanova loss

2017 vs Oregon

2018 vs Villanova (again!)

2019- getting mollywhopped by Auburn

2020- having the best team in the country before possible repercussions and having the whole tournament being taken away by a virus. 

Jeremy Jeffress throws a cutter down and in which allows Justin Turner to go deep late in game 2 of the 2018 NLCS. “Why not game 7?” You ask? Butterfly effect. I still believe if he goes up and in, that never happens. Brewers win games 1, 2, 3 and perhaps 4 rather than 5, we’re going to the World Series. 

On 4/24/2020 at 12:31 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I haven’t watched it yet, but I imagine one of my worst days as a sports fan will be watching The Last Dance and re-living the Jazz ‘98 Finals loss. 

I have upmost respect for those Bulls teams and totally get the cultural phenomenon behind them, but I have to be honest: being a die-hard fan of the team they legendarily beat twice for MJ’s second swan-song (and seeing that understandably sensationalized over the course of two decades) really sucks sometimes. Oh well, at least they got to be part of a great ride I guess.

Utah Jazz losing two years in a row was a gut punch for me at the time too even though now I don't care about the NBA.  I grew up in Utah but had already moved to Boise, ID during those two NBA Finals. 

Also 2003 Bartman incident was terrible

2008 NLDS Cubs vs Dodgers

1988 NFC championship game Bears vs 49ers

2010 NFC championship game Bears vs Packers

1997 World Series game 7 Indians vs Marlins (Indians are my second fav behind the cubs)

1998, 2006 & 2014 World Cup runs by Brazil ending in disappointment.