NHL Score bug Concept

CreamSoda

On 10/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, Section30 said:

The font feels really thin to me, from a distance or on a small screen I think it would be hard to read.

Updated the font weights and sizes, made the overall bug larger and changed the time/period clock to a white background:

93OxaMr.png

The update to the font weight is much better, but I agree with @Jake3.roo about shortening the boxes a bit.

Normally, I like including secondary colors on scorebugs, but for this one I think the outlines of the boxes should remain white for all teams (including STL). The yellow outlines + dropdowns should be saved for displaying announcements about penalties and such.

Overall, it's a really nice clean look!

• 1 year later...

I think you've made some good improvements with the thicker font, and also the thicker outlines on the latest version. Certainly the gaps from your earlier takes look unnecessary now that you've removed them, so good call.

The black blurb version is your best take yet, but what would the yellow penalty dropdown look like?

One small thing, I'd ditch the exclamation mark after the Goal indicator... For some reason I think it feels extra when the message includes the team's full location name.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, vtgco said:

I think you've made some good improvements with the thicker font, and also the thicker outlines on the latest version. Certainly the gaps from your earlier takes look unnecessary now that you've removed them, so good call.

The black blurb version is your best take yet, but what would the yellow penalty dropdown look like?

One small thing, I'd ditch the exclamation mark after the Goal indicator... For some reason I think it feels extra when the message includes the team's full location name.

Almost need to move the blurb to the top for that. Would still look great I think.

• 7 months later...

Archived