Sign in to follow this  
CreamSoda

NHL Score bug Concept

Here is a concept I have been working on for a new NHL score bug.   Let me know what you think! 

W3WW4Dn.png

MMuNeT9.png

Cs63sb1.png

qZHAbJM.png

Made some tweaks: changed the fonts, added space between each cell and adjusted some of the slashes.

jXd5EOY.png

FsYvQIt.png

sGa4yK3.png

bBYjTyT.png

o8yqbxd.png

1ViHjXK.png

The font feels really thin to me, from a distance or on a small screen I think it would be hard to read.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, Section30 said:

The font feels really thin to me, from a distance or on a small screen I think it would be hard to read.

Updated the font weights and sizes, made the overall bug larger and changed the time/period clock to a white background:

93OxaMr.png

There's a lot of empty space between the letters and the numbers. I'd say either expand to have the full team name, or shorten the box.

The update to the font weight is much better, but I agree with @Jake3.roo about shortening the boxes a bit.

Normally, I like including secondary colors on scorebugs, but for this one I think the outlines of the boxes should remain white for all teams (including STL). The yellow outlines + dropdowns should be saved for displaying announcements about penalties and such.

Overall, it's a really nice clean look!

The separation of the teams is a miss for me. You're widening the bug for no real reason by separating everything. 

Shorten the overall space of the team boxes, bolden the fonts, maybe add some kind of 3D effect to the logos, and you're golden. Even as-is, it's actually really clean and sharp looking. Good work!