Sign in to follow this  
letsgomets1212

Logo for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris Unveiled

Pretty good, Love the font. Seems like Olympic logos are on a generally upward trajectory from the absolute nadir that was hit with the 2012 London logo

Really just thankful the Olympics didn’t fall into the absolute trash “branding” trap that ruined Super Bowl logos

Great logo, I think it's weird that it gets unveiled a year before the next games even begin.

Simple and good, I like the font too.

The Eiffel 24 (which is no eiffel-65) is okay but eventually it gets to be like St. Louis and the Gateway Arch, like, there's gotta be more to this city. 

The lettering reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec posters, too.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, TenaciousG said:

Really just thankful the Olympics didn’t fall into the absolute trash “branding” trap that ruined Super Bowl logos

I suspect that the struggles that the NFL has had with logos for recent Super Bowls are the product of a desperate desire within that league's leadership for a common element in the branding of each Super Bowl.  Meanwhile, the Olympic movement has enjoyed a strong common branding element for decades thanks to that iconic symbol of five interlocking rings.  It seems to me that as long as those rings, the host city's name, and the year in which that city is holding an Olympic Games are present, an organizing committee for those Games and anyone hired by such a committee to design an emblem for that edition of the Olympics should expect to have a wide degree of freedom in crafting a logo that works well with the event's place and time.

As for the 2024 Olympic Games' new emblem, it is a stylish and alluringly daring symbol that is very befitting an Olympics being held in a city known worldwide as a hub of art, design, and fashion.  Whoever developed that logo gets an emphatic merci beaucoup from me.  Now, I am curious as to what will become of the rest of the visual identity for the 2024 Games.

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Eiffel 24 (which is no eiffel-65) is okay but eventually it gets to be like St. Louis and the Gateway Arch, like, there's gotta be more to this city. 

The lettering reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec posters, too.

Yeah, I like it. It's got subtle hints of the older "poster" style Olympic logos. It works well for Paris.