Logo for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris Unveiled

letsgomets1212

Really just thankful the Olympics didn’t fall into the absolute trash “branding” trap that ruined Super Bowl logos

• Like 6

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Logo for the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris Unveiled

October 22, 2019 - 14:13 PM

The logo for both the 2024 Summer Olympic Games and Paralympic Games in Paris, France was unveiled late last night by The Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Paris 2024. For the first time, the logos for both […]

Read More...

The Eiffel 24 (which is no eiffel-65) is okay but eventually it gets to be like St. Louis and the Gateway Arch, like, there's gotta be more to this city. 

The lettering reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec posters, too.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, TenaciousG said:

Really just thankful the Olympics didn’t fall into the absolute trash “branding” trap that ruined Super Bowl logos

I suspect that the struggles that the NFL has had with logos for recent Super Bowls are the product of a desperate desire within that league's leadership for a common element in the branding of each Super Bowl.  Meanwhile, the Olympic movement has enjoyed a strong common branding element for decades thanks to that iconic symbol of five interlocking rings.  It seems to me that as long as those rings, the host city's name, and the year in which that city is holding an Olympic Games are present, an organizing committee for those Games and anyone hired by such a committee to design an emblem for that edition of the Olympics should expect to have a wide degree of freedom in crafting a logo that works well with the event's place and time.

As for the 2024 Olympic Games' new emblem, it is a stylish and alluringly daring symbol that is very befitting an Olympics being held in a city known worldwide as a hub of art, design, and fashion.  Whoever developed that logo gets an emphatic merci beaucoup from me.  Now, I am curious as to what will become of the rest of the visual identity for the 2024 Games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Eiffel 24 (which is no eiffel-65) is okay but eventually it gets to be like St. Louis and the Gateway Arch, like, there's gotta be more to this city. 

The lettering reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec posters, too.

Yeah, I like it. It's got subtle hints of the older "poster" style Olympic logos. It works well for Paris.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Paris unveiled their pictograms for Olympics:

Paris2024-PICTOGRAM-KV-allpicto-EN_OLY-1

Paris2024-PICTOGRAM-KV-allpicto-EN_PARA-

https://www.paris2024.org/en/pictograms/

IMO they are very bad, pictograms should be simple and readible so when you looking at them you are able to easily recognize which sports you're watching. These ones aren't like that and from far they look like a big blob.

I thought they were for the winter games at first. They look like snow flake patterns. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Paris unveiled their pictograms for Olympics:

Paris2024-PICTOGRAM-KV-allpicto-EN_OLY-1

Paris2024-PICTOGRAM-KV-allpicto-EN_PARA-

https://www.paris2024.org/en/pictograms/

IMO they are very bad, pictograms should be simple and readible so when you looking at them you are able to easily recognize which sports you're watching. These ones aren't like that and from far they look like a big blob.

I appreciate the artistic take on these, but the design philosophy here misses the point of pictograms. They are supposed to be simple and distinct enough to clearly convey the sport its representing in a non-verbal form. Many of these are hard to distinguish at first look. If you showed me the gymnastics icon, I would probably guess that it represented boxing or pro wrestling first, not gymnastics.

On the other hand, the set of graphics they will be using are pretty slick. Lots of colors/gradients with simple shapes. Reminds me of It's a Small World at the Disney parks, but in a good way. Each city/area will also have its own distinct style. Lots of emphasis on art and creativity overall.

Paris 2024 Olympics reveals the next phase of its visual identity

Paris Olympic Games unveils 'joyful' look for 2024 | The Peninsula QatarParis 2024 - The Look of the Games

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Love those patterns and the color scheme is gorgeous, but the logo and pictograms don't fit the rest of the identity at all. It seems like each section of the identity was designed by a different team. It's disjointed and messy; a far cry from Tokyo 2020's gorgeous identity. I also don't get the logo at all, it feels more like an overpriced small-town hair salon logo than the flagship symbol of an Olympic brand. Even the typeface feels off. Why is the I in Paris lowercase when the rest of the letters are uppercase? You'd think a city like Paris, with its strong visual identity and bustling art and design scenes, could scrape together something better than this. Quite disappointed in the whole package, patterns and colors notwithstanding. Looks to me like the worst Olympic brand since London 2012.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 10/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, letsgomets1212 said:

Story: https://www.olympic.org/news/paris-2024-unveils-new-olympic-and-paralympic-games-emblem

Thoughts? Personally I love this. Olympic logos have been generally disappointing for me lately, I like this one quite a lot.

spacer.png

Looks like the logo for a high end salon

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

On 2/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, PERRIN said:

Love those patterns and the color scheme is gorgeous, but the logo and pictograms don't fit the rest of the identity at all. It seems like each section of the identity was designed by a different team. It's disjointed and messy; a far cry from Tokyo 2020's gorgeous identity. I also don't get the logo at all, it feels more like an overpriced small-town hair salon logo than the flagship symbol of an Olympic brand. Even the typeface feels off. Why is the I in Paris lowercase when the rest of the letters are uppercase? You'd think a city like Paris, with its strong visual identity and bustling art and design scenes, could scrape together something better than this. Quite disappointed in the whole package, patterns and colors notwithstanding. Looks to me like the worst Olympic brand since London 2012.

While I'm sure this isn't the rationale, you pointing out the lowercase i reminded me of this little design quirk from Paris. It's a funny symmetry, but like I said, probably not the reason it was done.

• Like 1

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE