Did '47 Kill the MLB Franchise Hat?

I went into 3 different Lids the other day looking for a replacement for my old Yankee '47 Franchise hat and they only had a handful left - all marked down to $20. I bought a few to hold me over in case they are dead (and since they're basically half price...) but is this official? Is the Franchise dead? The only '47 hats they had otherwise were flex fit with mesh backing, and strap-backs. Very upsetting if this is the case, as the franchise was the only fitted cap that ever fit me right. 

Anubis.png

3 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

I went into 3 different Lids the other day looking for a replacement for my old Yankee '47 Franchise hat and they only had a handful left - all marked down to $20. I bought a few to hold me over in case they are dead (and since they're basically half price...) but is this official? Is the Franchise dead? The only '47 hats they had otherwise were flex fit with mesh backing, and strap-backs. Very upsetting if this is the case, as the franchise was the only fitted cap that ever fit me right. 

Their website has plenty of franchise hats with no markdown. Likely just marked down due to Yankees just being eliminated, and the small number due to them just being eliminated after making it deep, and Lids not keeping a big inventory to begin with.

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

Their website has plenty of franchise hats with no markdown. Likely just marked down due to Yankees just being eliminated, and the small number due to them just being eliminated after making it deep, and Lids not keeping a big inventory to begin with.

Website has plenty for Non-MLB teams - MLB teams on the other hand, not so much.

Anubis.png

On 10/25/2019 at 12:26 AM, Brandon9485 said:

Perhaps the question should be, is MLB killing MLB ‘47 Franchise caps?

Maybe? Seems odd though - I wonder if New Era put up a stink? Same there's no casual fitting fitted hat for fans now. 

Anubis.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived