Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

I still don't get how anything I said was so controversial. I would think it'd be totally natural that the Brewers (and Bucks) would be followed more closely in Milwaukee than in other parts of the state, and that'd account for the stronger reactions to the "new" BiG there opposed to the more apathetic reactions that a commenter experienced in Green Bay.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s a lot of similarity in this and the (cancelled) Auburn logo tweak. A lot of the complaining stems from changing the logo in any form whatsoever despite many changes being for the better. Nostalgia is a stronger force than design aesthetics.

VmWIn6B.png

5 hours ago, NicDB said:

I still don't get how anything I said was so controversial. I would think it'd be totally natural that the Brewers (and Bucks) would be followed more closely in Milwaukee than in other parts of the state, and that'd account for the stronger reactions to the "new" BiG there opposed to the more apathetic reactions that a commenter experienced in Green Bay.

You didn't say anything controversial. You made a generalization (as did I). I try to point out when generalizations are made, since they generally aren't as true as we think they are.

To that point, using the words above, "you" would think it'd be totally natural that the Brewers would be followed more closely in Milwaukee...  If that can be demonstrated by something that isn't an internet poll or personal observation, people might be inclined to accept it.

Put another way, it is not a good idea to detmermine the likes of a fanbase in terms of logos based on what one sees at a game. What one sees is biased based on what one wants to see. I don't mean to attack you (if that is any of the issue, I both apologize and offer this post as an explanation that I am not trying to do that). What I am trying to do is to show examples of how our own inferences can't be extrapolated to the general populace, or even to the rest of this little old place on the web.

It's where I sit.

So even though they haven’t announced anything, its pretty much a given that tomorrow night is the reveal of the new rebrand.  JSOnline has an article detailing some prizes for fans and guest appearances for the week, which include “a fan pack for purchasing an authentic jersey” and an appearance by “bernie brewer and Barrelman mascots.”

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

35 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

So even though they haven’t announced anything, its pretty much a given that tomorrow night is the reveal of the new rebrand.  JSOnline has an article detailing some prizes for fans and guest appearances for the week, which include “a fan pack for purchasing an authentic jersey” and an appearance by “bernie brewer and Barrelman mascots.”

According to a recent facebook post, there will be some new 50th anniversary merchandise which I would assume will feature the updated logo. This day in age, I can't imagine a new uniform unveil being done so casually and with little to no fanfare or hype, which is why I seriously doubt we are seeing any new unis tomorrow.

51 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

According to a recent facebook post, there will be some new 50th anniversary merchandise which I would assume will feature the updated logo. This day in age, I can't imagine a new uniform unveil being done so casually and with little to no fanfare or hype, which is why I seriously doubt we are seeing any new unis tomorrow.

Normally I would agree.  But given all the tone deaf bumbling we've seen out of the Brewers over the past few years in regards to their brand, it would be well within character for them to do exactly that.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Normally I would agree.  But given all the tone deaf bumbling we've seen out of the Brewers over the past few years in regards to their brand, it would be well within character for them to do exactly that.

Yup...a small part of me still thinks anything is possible tomorrow.  Tone deaf pretty much covers it.

Just throwing this out there, don't throw rocks at me... but with this being hyped as a 50th anniversary announcement and not a rebranding or new uniform unveiling, is there a possibility that this new look is ONLY for 2020 and the 50th anniversary and that in 2021 they return to the wheat M look? I'm remembering when the Padres had those one year only jerseys for 2016 and I'm curious if the Brewers are silly enough to do the same, wearing a new BiG for the 50th anniversary and then going back to their other identity in 2021?

I hope I'm wrong but this lack of hype surrounding this unveiling made me think this could be the case.

35 minutes ago, NicDB said:

My personal frustrations aside, Dan Olson's tweet is rather interesting.

Might he be hinting at powder blue for the Brew Crew?

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only one lol

Drew, not Dan, but yeah, I'm glad someone else thought the same thing. I didn't want to point it out blatantly, but it was exactly where my mind went.

It's where I sit.

37 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just throwing this out there, don't throw rocks at me... but with this being hyped as a 50th anniversary announcement and not a rebranding or new uniform unveiling, is there a possibility that this new look is ONLY for 2020 and the 50th anniversary and that in 2021 they return to the wheat M look?

No.

But what is a possibility is that tonight they only unveil the 50th Anniversary logo itself, and the new uniforms are held back for a later date.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

No.

But what is a possibility is that tonight they only unveil the 50th Anniversary logo itself, and the new uniforms are held back for a later date.

While you may be right, what a letdown it would be for them to make such a big deal about the team store re-opening and then use the occasion to only reveal the 50th anniversary logo. 

Archived