Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

19 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I'm hoping he means the home pinstripes will be cream.  I don't automatically associate pinstripes with the Yankees like some people, but cream would at least be a way to distinguish a design using navy pins as uniquely Brewers.

Yup, that would be my hope. It bugs me when people say pinstripes 'belong' to the Yankees. 

The athletic gold won't show up well against cream, but there's ways to make it work

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So they will have a home/away/cream alt/throwbacks?

Assuming they add a navy alt along with them, that sounds like it could be a lot of uniforms... I'm not sure I like that.

These days, every team but the Tigers and Yankees have too many uniforms.

19 hours ago, dbofox said:

Yup, that would be my hope. It bugs me when people say pinstripes 'belong' to the Yankees. 

The athletic gold won't show up well against cream, but there's ways to make it work

It all depends what hue of cream is used. It should contrast well enough if they use one that skews more red-orange than yellow.

Unfortunately, the Bucks are a prime example of using the wrong type of cream.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Is that also the new home uniform or is it just the royal throwbacks? Would be rather weird to pair the new cap with the current throwbacks unless it's a manufacturing error.

the royal throwback IS the new home uniform (just navy, not royal).  Its not official but im willing to put money down saying it is.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I'd be shocked if there's not a new wordmark, even if nothing dramatic.  Just something with a more proprietary font.

While they've already said they're wearing pinstripes, what would work best IMO is a cream jersey with navy/yellow trim, navy/yellow wordmark in new font, and contrasting yellow front number, outlined in navy.

I don't think an individual team needs to worry about the rest of the league when designing their uniforms, but with the Padres adding pinstripes, this will add two teams to the pinstriped ranks, and I'm not sure either set is enhanced by that treatment.  In the past 5-10 years, we've lost the Marlins pinstripes, Astros stupid-ass pinstripes, Reds pinstripes, and DBacks, so we're still looking at fewer striped teams now than then, but i'd still like to keep that club small.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pinstripe club should be the Cubs, Brewers, Phillies, Mets, White Sox, Twins, and Yankees.

I've gotten some pushback for this here but I think a Brewers hat with a yellow squatchee and brim would be a nice update to the old front-paneled hats. I think people here have said it would clash with pinstripes. I don't see the issue. It would also separate them from the Cubs more without having to give up royal blue. If you really want to pad your case, you could say it's an Brewers-colored update of the Milwaukee Braves' caps.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Pinstripe club should be the Cubs, Brewers, Phillies, Mets, White Sox, Twins, and Yankees.

I've gotten some pushback for this here but I think a Brewers hat with a yellow squatchee and brim would be a nice update to the old front-paneled hats. I think people here have said it would clash with pinstripes. I don't see the issue. It would also separate them from the Cubs more without having to give up royal blue. If you really want to pad your case, you could say it's an Brewers-colored update of the Milwaukee Braves' caps.

I don't see the "clashing with pinstripes" issue either.  My issue, if anything, would be that cheap fashion caps of that description were at every Greater Milwaukee gas station in the late 80s.  But even then, I think we're far enough removed for that to work.  I never cared much for the gold panels.  I thought it looked awkward when paired with the gold outline of the BiG.

Speaking of contrasting brims, I'm disappointed that the Cubs ditched their red brimmed hats.  That's the one thing from the "Cuba" era that I wish was still around.

Color me uninterested in gold brims.  Maybe a button, but I don’t think it looks that great in cap fabric.  The Packers have had a series of gold-brimmed caps recently, and they haven’t been good.

I think if they’re going to use pinstripes, the cap should be as simple as possible.  Maybe a gold panel on the road again, but not if the roads have pinstripes as well. 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd be shocked if there's not a new wordmark, even if nothing dramatic.  Just something with a more proprietary font.

Me too, but this looks like it could be the same block font, if we are to extrapolate anything at all from it. 

spacer.png

That looks like the standard royal blue fauxback, which I definitely expect to be part of this package.

Also, I-94 Rivalry is generic could conceivably also apply to any combination of the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, and Tigers .  How are we not calling it the Hiawatha Series?

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’m still thinking we might see a new wordmark on the jersey. But who knows. 

That bobble head, though. So, the navy cap is... unchanged? That makes the new Ball in Glove even more pointless. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Color me uninterested in gold brims.  Maybe a button, but I don’t think it looks that great in cap fabric.  The Packers have had a series of gold-brimmed caps recently, and they haven’t been good.

I think if they’re going to use pinstripes, the cap should be as simple as possible.  Maybe a gold panel on the road again, but not if the roads have pinstripes as well. 

Just out of genuine curiosity, if you don’t want a gold brim (which I wouldn’t either, except for maybe with a navy alternate), how would you have expected the navy hat to change?

6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Just out of genuine curiosity, if you don’t want a gold brim (which I wouldn’t either, except for maybe with a navy alternate), how would you have expected the navy hat to change?

I really expected / still expect them to swap out the new ball in glove for the old one.

I am still skeptical that they would re-do the logo for their primary and keep this old version for the caps. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’m still thinking we might see a new wordmark on the jersey. But who knows. 

That bobble head, though. So, the navy cap is... unchanged? That makes the new Ball in Glove even more pointless. 

The cap on Bernie has the new logo.

You can tell from the ball placement.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Archived