Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Me too, but this looks like it could be the same block font, if we are to extrapolate anything at all from it. 

spacer.png

Upon closer inspection... this is the new home primary.  When you blow up the picture, you can see the blue on Bernie is actually darker than what the Cubs mascot is wearing.

I'm now expecting the fauxbacks, but in navy and with the custom font from the spring training facility.

51 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I really expected / still expect them to swap out the new ball in glove for the old one.

I am still skeptical that they would re-do the logo for their primary and keep this old version for the caps. 

spacer.png

Oh I’ve got you. To me that looks like the new version of the logo on the bobblehead, look how the ball looks to be more centered in the “b.”

Edit: yep, @doctorpeligro beat me to it.

23 hours ago, NicDB said:

It all depends what hue of cream is used. It should contrast well enough if they use one that skews more red-orange than yellow.

Unfortunately, the Bucks are a prime example of using the wrong type of cream.

Cream for the Bucks is a bad idea in general, but a lighter SF Giants type might've been tolerable

Fun fact: The Bonesaw character's original name in Spider-Man #1 was Crusher Hogan.

While the Hogan part was a coincidence, the inspiration for the name came from a certain wrestler known for galavanting with the "dollies" in the "s'loons" of Wisconsin Avenue.

spacer.png

After the Padres reveal last night, I’m even more and more eager for a Brewers reveal. We know they won’t “Nail” it like the Padres did (we’ve already seen that with the logo), but something’s always exciting about a new look, a refreshed look, or simply a new identity...and can’t wait till speculations and rumors and leaks are over and it’s official!

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

2 hours ago, clr2420 said:

After the Padres reveal last night, I’m even more and more eager for a Brewers reveal. We know they won’t “Nail” it like the Padres did (we’ve already seen that with the logo), but something’s always exciting about a new look, a refreshed look, or simply a new identity...and can’t wait till speculations and rumors and leaks are over and it’s official!

Just take the Padres home jersey, swap brown for navy, make the letters a little more angular (and spell "BREWERS", obviously), and there's your Brewers set.  No need for a reveal.

What could be cool is if they totally followed the Padres, but rather than the sand roads, a blue-tinted (not powder blue, but blue-gray) pinstriped road set.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^I had that same idea for a powder blue-gray.  I think it'd look even better with yellow than powder blue or gray.

But after last night, I have to admit I'm incredibly disappointed with the Brewers lack of build up to the reveal.  While I don't think it's necessary to tease the fans for most of the previous season the way the Padres did, two teams have released new uniforms now and we still don't even have an expected date for Milwaukee? 

Your fans have been clamoring for a return to the BiG for 20 years.... get your heads out of your a--, Brewers!

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What could be cool is if they totally followed the Padres, but rather than the sand roads, a blue-tinted (not powder blue, but blue-gray) pinstriped road set.  

No thanks on road pinstripes, but the color's a great idea. There's even history to it, in the slate blue roads of the Pilots/'70 Brewers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Speaking of the Brewers reveal, do we know yet when that’s happening?

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nope.   Rumors only, and not even much there to note. 

theres people on twitter that think this rebrand isnt even until next year to coincide with AmFam's naming rights.  One day in the next couple of weeks, up to the reopening of the team store, theyre gonna just spring the entire rebrand upon us.  And I dont like it AT ALL.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

theres people on twitter that think this rebrand isnt even until next year to coincide with AmFam's naming rights.  One day in the next couple of weeks, up to the reopening of the team store, theyre gonna just spring the entire rebrand upon us.  And I dont like it AT ALL.

I doubt it would be the 2021 season.  They will be celebrating their 50th anniversary with the 2020 season, so it makes much more sense to bring out a new look for that, rather than have it coincide with a stadium name change.  Having said that, the newly remodeled store opens on the 18th so I would think the unveil would be on or before that day...it also makes sense to have the new stuff out for holiday shopping.  But it is the Brewers so I wouldn't put it past them to screw this whole thing up.

33 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I doubt it would be the 2021 season.  They will be celebrating their 50th anniversary with the 2020 season, so it makes much more sense to bring out a new look for that, rather than have it coincide with a stadium name change.  Having said that, the newly remodeled store opens on the 18th so I would think the unveil would be on or before that day...it also makes sense to have the new stuff out for holiday shopping.  But it is the Brewers so I wouldn't put it past them to screw this whole thing up.

They're not screwing it up. Wisconsin is lousy with cheap idiots the Brewers know they can nickel and dime thinking they're getting a good deal on holiday merch. Then once they sold out of their back stock, they can ride the excitement of spring training and unveil the new stuff.

I hope that's not actually the case. But the longer they drag this on, the more I'm inclined to believe it.

36 minutes ago, NicDB said:

They're not screwing it up. Wisconsin is lousy with cheap idiots the Brewers know they can nickel and dime thinking they're getting a good deal on holiday merch. Then once they sold out of their back stock, they can ride the excitement of spring training and unveil the new stuff.

I hope that's not actually the case. But the longer they drag this on, the more I'm inclined to believe it.

LOL...I almost wanted to be at that 50% off sale telling people not to buy anything since there are new jerseys on the way.  Most people probably still have no idea.  After that logo leaked, the team had to respond but didn't offer much info.  Also, when the new team store opens on the 18th, they can't just have leftovers for sale, and they won't make the current jerseys with a swoosh only to sell for a few months.

Archived