Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

Since pinstripes are apparently part of this deal, I'm hoping for a navy version of these. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

They're visually distinctive enough from the fauxbacks without reinventing the wheel, and I've always had a soft spot for the droptail Milwaukee script.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One minor (or not so minor) thing I definitely want to see with this is a return to having Brewers across the chest on the home uniform, and please please please put Milwaukee across the road! I always hated how the currents had Brewers across both!

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Since pinstripes are apparently part of this deal, I'm hoping for a navy version of these. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

They're visually distinctive enough from the fauxbacks without reinventing the wheel, and I've always had a soft spot for the droptail Milwaukee script.

Most of me wants something entirely new, but I could definitely live with something similar to the above in navy/yellow.

Never loved that one, not even at the time. I want to see something more along the lines of the 1940s wordmark, in contemporary colors. 

spacer.png

I just think this tail is so much more elegant than the stubby, swirly thing. But the 90s version would still be a huge upgrade over their current mess. 

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Never loved that one, not even at the time. I want to see something more along the lines of the 1940s wordmark, in contemporary colors. 

spacer.png

I just think this tail is so much more elegant than the stubby, swirly thing. But the 90s version would still be a huge upgrade over their current mess. 

I could live with that but I like the other one better.  I'm not a fan of headspoon piping either so I hope they don't use it.

I’m just the opposite - I think placket piping is so much better than pinstripes. Especially navy pinstripes, which will be hard to see as anything other than a Yankees ripoff.

But I do think we can agree that there is a huge room for improvement over the current uniforms.  Either option would be a huge step up. 😁

Not sure how anyone would consider the navy pinstripes a Yankees ripoff, especially since they'll have a script or wordmark across their chest rather than a monogram on one breast, and (presumably) yellow trim on all of the adornments.

If they went with the lighter navy then there'd be even less of a comparison.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone remember a few years ago when they had a fan design the uniform..or “you”niform for a spring training game or 2. I wish I could find a pic of that 

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If they went with the lighter navy then there'd be even less of a comparison.

The shade wouldn't really make a difference for the pinstripes, they'd look navy anyway but midnight navy and athletic gold would be incredible. As you said, the script and yellow would be more than enough the tell them appart...

3 minutes ago, clr2420 said:

Anyone remember a few years ago when they had a fan design the uniform..or “you”niform for a spring training game or 2. I wish I could find a pic of that 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I appreciate what he was trying to do, but it never worked for me. 

The B is nice, the rewers is nice, the tail is nice, but they don’t go together at all. The numbers are kinda gross. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I appreciate what he was trying to do, but it never worked for me. 

I loved this set, but it was disappointing how the “B” was different from the submitted design. The “B” they used looked too much like the last incarnation of the Portland Beavers. Actually, the whole set felt strongly inspired by those last Beavers uniforms.spacer.png

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Not seeing the “inspiration” there. 

Probably just in the navy and the shoulder stripes. I like the idea of the script, not crazy about the color scheme, hate the numbers, not sure about varsity serif NOBs nor the decapitated Beer Barrel Man. 

I'm not a fan of navy and athletic gold together for the Brewers, feels like a compromise where no one wins, but if we've seen the last of the Word Processor Brewers, I'm elated.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

I am a fan of this script.  I would even take something along these lines (OF COURSE I got it from your page. 😁)
spacer.png

That said, I'll never not have a soft spot for the 1990 scripts.  Something about them just feels so quintessentially Milwaukee, to where it still blows my mind that they were only around for 4 years. Maybe because it wouldn't look out of place on a mid-century beer label... something that becomes even more evident when you see it side by side next to old brewery swag at any number of local dive bars.  It's also hard to ignore the goodwill they have from constantly being seen in the heavily replayed video of Robin Yount hitting #3000 (which happens to be a popular image in the forementioned Milwaukee dives).

Archived