daveindc

Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

8 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I'm wondering...is the royal fauxback set now dead?

It might be the only explanation for the royal outline in the logo...

Had no idea a new uniform were being revealed today. It's a great upgrade and I'm someone who thought their previous set was fantastic.

Wish the cream uniforms were white instead but it's not something I'm gonna lose sleep over. 

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

Or any of the teams.

No, when the rebrand is good, it was the teams that did it, when it’s a bad redesign it’s all Nike’s fault 😁

Love it all. Wish that alternate script was on the road but other than that it's great. Really like the cream home

I wonder if the Barrelman is going to take the place of the 50th anniversary patch after this year, which is why he's not on any of the uniforms at this time. but next year would be on all 4

Milwaukee after all is known as Cream City so it's fitting that the home uni is cream rather than white

Great new set! The non-matching sleeve stripes are a little weird but each set looks great.

As to the Nike aspect: it is very weird how people’s perception changes when Nike is involved. For years, clubs would change their designs and I never, ever heard people say, “Wow, Majestic did a great job!” Now with a swoosh on the front, every unveiling people say “Great job, Nike!” even though Nike probably had nothing to do with any of these changes.

The more I see this, the more I realize just how bad their last set was. I used to range anywhere from “It’s ok” to “I think it looks pretty good”, but the simplicity and cleanliness of those scripts really emphasize just how much of an absolute mess their old scripts were.

I’ll miss the M Wheat hat logo a bit, but the wheatball sleeve patch is a nice substitute. I’m really glad they found a way to still incorporate the wheat design into their look somehow. 

I still think they shouldve just went with the original BiG, but sweet sassy molassy am I pleasantly surprised!  Now, time to sell my authentic Yelich jersey and put that towards a new jersey.

I kind of wish the Brewers had picked a lane and decided on either pinstripes or plain white/cream for their home look, but after the last 20 years I'm not going to complain. 

28 minutes ago, daveindc said:

16b138e48ca290403f60bfacd86bff0a50f7531eEJsk_6aW4AEH7Nq?format=jpg&name=4096x409EJsk_99X0AEfIKd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So royal blue added in the logo, but completely ditched in the uniforms? Should've stuck with the royal pinstripe throwbacks, at least.

That’s the worst part. 

3 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

I wonder if the Barrelman is going to take the place of the 50th anniversary patch after this year, which is why he's not on any of the uniforms at this time. but next year would be on all 4

That crossed my mind as well.

5 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Would they have two sleeve patches? I don’t see it, personally.  Suspect the left sleeve patches will stay even after the 50th is taken off the right sleeves. 

Really surprising how much I like it! The font is gorgeous and I glad they stuck with navy, would be interested in seeing this set with last set’s color scheme but this looks really good! I’m also glad they didn’t bring back powder blue. Only complaints are the logo is a bit weak. And the new cap is a downgrade, should’ve made an updated M-wheat logo instead of the BiG stuff. Overall pretty good though! The cream is easily the best one of the set! 
Does anyone know which is their primary home?

27 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

Fantastic update. Nike hit it out of the park with Arizona, San Diego and Milwaukee. The cream Brewers and sand-pinstriped Padres look are two of my new favorites. 

These designs are bold and classy at the same time. Love it so far. Bold for the Brewers being that cream home, imo. They basically just cleaned up the DBacks' set.

Probably unpopular opinion, but this didn’t impress me much. The only thing they seemed to accomplish was sticking to one shade of blue and one shade of yellow. Cream uniforms look dirty, the pinstripes look redundant vs home, the sleeve patches are ugly, and the yellow front panel hat sticks out like a sore thumb (I like same color cap on color jerseys or a darker cap on a lighter color jersey). I would’ve just promoted the Friday throwbacks and revived the gray Milwaukee script and called it a day. 

Solid uniforms, still not a fan of the unnecessary tweaks of the ball in glove.  I doubt the throwbacks will be in the uniform rotation since they made pinstripe home alternates which is a damn shame, and I'm not sold on the font 100%, but it looks a lot better than I thought it would.  Overall, I'd say it's what the fans wanted and despite my barley bias it might be a slight upgrade.