Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

I'll also say this on the Cubs matter.  Anyone who actually attended the Cubs games during the last days of the Bud Selig era would and should laugh at the assertion that Wrigley North is still a thing.  Is there still a prominent presence of Cubs fans at Miller Park for Brewers-Cubs games?  Sure.  But it's nothing close to being 90% Cubs fans like it was in the dark days.  And you can find just as many smatterings of Brewers fans at Wrigley when the Brewers play there.  We're talking about two cities less than 100 miles apart on a corridor that has overlapping suburbs.  There's I-94.  There's the Hiawatha.  There's Wisconsin CoachLines/METRA.  And both areas have no shortage of transplants from the other.  People travel.  This is not a bad thing.

Granted, I expect nothing less out of Cubs fans to act too cool for school when claiming the Brewers as a rival.  But I think Brewers fans can more than live with the results of these last two seasons in regards to our "not rival."  😎

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really starting to think that something in between the original (left) and the 2019 version (right) might have worked better.

NUn9uYB.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

12 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

20 years old me going to the game to get hammered would have said sure. 35 years old me with a couple toddlers and a :censored:load of stuff to carry around definitely prefers driving to games hence why Milwaukee is a decent option with the cheap, easily accessible ample lot with tailgating and stuff... Wrigley is still my number one out of the 24 stadiums I've been to though.

Dealing with the bottleneck of Miller Park's parking lot (unintentional beer reference, I suppose) and plodding Wisconsin drivers is ten times more hellish than the L.

Oh, I just noticed they smoothed out the right side of the BiG. Another change for the worse. I do not like this smooth boi.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Brewers did that stupid Preds-esque thing where they initially only sold tickets for Cubs games to people in local zip codes. The only thing dumber than that was the volume of Cubs fans yelling about how much of a rivalry it wasn't and yeah your park sucks anyways and it only gets filled with Cubs fans so there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

33 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Better than the previous set. I'm biased towards the 1994-1997 MB set because of Ken Griffey Jr's MLB and Winning Run on SNES and yearn for those to be in MLB The Show.

The first Griffey on SNES is stil one of my all-time favorite video games and SNES games. Loved the N64 ones too. I recently got into hacking the original and did an all-time best of teams with each team's best all-time players as well as doing an annual playoff teams version. 

But I digress, I love this new set and am happy to see most Brewers fans are happy as well. 

Cardinals fans seem to be the same bad houseguests in Chicago that Cubs fans are in Milwaukee, except they come up and :censored: that the city is "dirty." Whatever, dude, you called us, also, you're from St. Louis.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, grow some balls and wear navy pants with the script jersey.

Good God, no!

To my mind, the alternate road uniforms are already the worst in this set. Why? Because, adult males shouldn't be running around on a big league baseball diamond dressed like Cub Scouts. The navy blue jersey paired with a navy blue cap that sports a yellow front panel is already enough to stir up memories of the Pinewood Derby. Adding navy blue pants to the mix would clinch the deal. What's next, neckerchiefs and a take on the infamous Bermuda shorts of the 1976 Chicago White Sox?

Then yellow pants.  Something different.  I woud never have made the boy scouts connection.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, DarthBrett said:

The first Griffey on SNES is stil one of my all-time favorite video games and SNES games. Loved the N64 ones too. I recently got into hacking the original and did an all-time best of teams with each team's best all-time players as well as doing an annual playoff teams version. 

But I digress, I love this new set and am happy to see most Brewers fans are happy as well. 

First Griffey on SNES was awesome and I did like Winning Run as well. Also on Winning Run, it was the first sports game to feature alternate jerseys long before the PS2/Xbox. If you played an exhibition game, clubs would usually be in their alternate/spring training color tops which I thought was cool.

Now SCEA and MLB The Show need to add the 1994-1997 Milwaukee Brewers Home/Away/Alternates

The Journal-Sentinel is reporting that the creams are the home uni and the pins are the alts.

The primary home uniform will feature a cream color instead of the traditional white, with a slightly curved “BREWERS” across the jersey.

The alternate home uniform is a nod to the retro style the team has worn on Fridays for several seasons, with the pinstripes that were standard for the Brewers in the '70s and '80s. Both home uniforms will feature navy blue baseball caps with the modernized ball-in-glove logo.

The primary road uniform will be gray with gold and blue piping, and a slightly curved “MILWAUKEE” across the jersey. The hat will be different, however, featuring a gold front panel surrounding the logo. The alternate road uniform will feature a navy blue jersey with a cursive “Milwaukee” at an angle across the front, and the same gray pants.

13 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So the beer/cream will be official "Home" while pinstripes will be afternoon games only?

The same report has the gold panelled hat as the road hat while it's pretty clear everywhere that the navy hat will be worn with the grey jerseys.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So the beer/cream will be official "Home" while pinstripes will be afternoon games only?

They didn't report anything about an official schedule.  Just that the creams are intended to be the primary home uniform.

9 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The road uniforms, while fine, are the most forgettable part of this new package. Powder blue threads would’ve given them some much needed character.

This is what I was most relieved about, they didn’t fall for the powder blue. The road uniform looks great! I like it better than the navy top, and maybe even the pinstripes. Powder blue would’ve easily been their worst uniform.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I will say that the new font is much, much better than the old arched block letters from the throwbacks, which was always the weakest part of that set (hence my preference for the tailed script).

Archived